• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Wheaton, not many folks there when they opened at 750. The .22LR was all gone at 755.
    Totally missed the Mossberg 500 combo, thats what my lovely bride is getting.

Just got back. Got a brick of 22lr and a rem 700 scoped in 308 for 399.

White marsh, entire thing way better organized than last year.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Metaterra

Jun 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    Wheaton, not many folks there when they opened at 750. The .22LR was all gone at 755.
    Totally missed the Mossberg 500 combo, thats what my lovely bride is getting.

Did you ask for .22LR? We were in Wheaton after you - walked in at 7:55. They kept putting the special price ammo (5.56 and 22LR) out. I got a brick of .22LR, 525 count for $20. My son got the Maverick 88 for $170. Lucky we had dinner in Silver Spring.

leavnalegacy

Mar 24, 2013
    Was there tonight... Decent deals on target / plinking rounds in .223 and .40 S and W... 200 round value pack of umc .223 for about $86 after discount, and 100 round value pack of Winchester .40 for about $37... Was able to grab one of the last in-stock gun fire safes on sale for great door buster price as well.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    I live near the Wheaton store. They only had two Rem 700s in .308, which were bought by people waiting in line when the store opened. The Gaithersburg had four and a similar thing happened. They need to get a lot more in stock; .308 is clearly the most popular caliber on those SS/varmint 700s.

I bought a Rem 870 Express. I've been wanting one for a long time, and this deal was too good to pass up. Funny story, although Dicks was open starting at 8pm last night, NICS was not, so I had to go this morning to go pick up my shotgun. This tells you everything you need to know about how silly Black Friday sales are on the actual day of Thanksgiving for firearms. The store is willing, but the Feds are not!

Oh, and they periodically put more .22 LR doorbusters up on the counter throughout the course of the day. I got a brick at 10:45pm last night, and they had some more on the counter this morning at 10:00am.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    The idea of stock being low is not a problem in their eyes. They would rather sell them at a higher price than at discount.

They had one if each in stock to say they could honor the price and that's all.

BF is so much hype and very rarely a door busting deal.

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I live near the Wheaton store. They only had two Rem 700s in .308, which were bought by people waiting in line when the store opened. The Gaithersburg had four and a similar thing happened. They need to get a lot more in stock; .308 is clearly the most popular caliber on those SS/varmint 700s.

I bought a Rem 870 Express. I've been wanting one for a long time, and this deal was too good to pass up. Funny story, although Dicks was open starting at 8pm last night, NICS was not, so I had to go this morning to go pick up my shotgun. This tells you everything you need to know about how silly Black Friday sales are on the actual day of Thanksgiving for firearms. The store is willing, but the Feds are not!

Oh, and they periodically put more .22 LR doorbusters up on the counter throughout the course of the day. I got a brick at 10:45pm last night, and they had some more on the counter this morning at 10:00am.
    Thanks for the Gaithersburg info; agreed. Instead of stocking up on the odd hunting calibers, .243, .270, etc., you would think they would have extra .308, .30-06 (where applicable).

I was tempted to stop by this morning and buy a brick of .22lr for $20; but, sleeping in a little before work won out lol.

ibanez320dx

New guy.
    Jun 2, 2013
    Rosedale
    Just stoped by the Whitemarsh store. Place was pretty packed. Lots of ammo in stock except 22 LR. I went to check out a 32 gun safe. Originally $899 on sale for $599. Opened it up and the carpeting was coming unglued from everywhere. I know its not a stellar safe but that really disappointed me. I have until tomorrow to make my decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom