Diamondback Sidekick Pistol - Good Value?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    What do guys think of the Diamondback Sidekick .22 LR revolver? $250 on GrabAGun and it also has a 22 Mag cylinder. I thought I saw on for sale in the classified too. Is it a good value or a "get what you pay for" kind of gun?

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Hmm - the Ruger Wrangler is only $10 more.
    [EDIT] And that is the Super Wrangler which is also 22 mag. The DB is DA/SA and the Ruger is only SA.

Last edited:

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I know nothing about the DB, so not trash talking it. However, I think I would go with the Ruger. I have an earlier Wrangler (before the Mag option came out) and like it well. I think Ruger will be around for the rest of my life if anything were to need repair on it.

Both are price point guns so need to have reasonable expectations of them.

I would try to handle/inspect either before I bought it. Check the front sight to make sure it is straight and centered, buddy has a Wrangler which is off a bit due to the front sight.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    You're only risking $300 or so. Give it a shot and let us know.

I'm not getting my hopes up. It's easier for a big company like Ruger to make a decent entry-level gun (i.e. the Wrangler) than it is for a nearly no-name like Diamondback to make a similar gun.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Check the roster before you buy it. I don't think that particular gun has been approved, if I remember correctly it had something to do with the melting point of the frame material(I think that was the issue)

EDIT: Never mind. Looks like it's on the roster, must have been thinking about something else??

Last edited:

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    02-02 (06-21)
    Handgun Roster Board, Handgun Roster Board Minutes June 15, 2022

DIAMONDBACK FIREARMS Sidekick 22 LR, 22 Mag 04/06/2022

The Board examined a sample and received an oral and written report from MSP Firearms/Toolmarks
    Examiner. Consideration of the firearm was based on the criteria established in Statue;
    concealability, ballistic accuracy, weight, quality of material, quality of manufacture, reliability as to
    safety, caliber, detectability and utility for legitimate sporting activities, self-protection or law
    enforcement.

The Board voted unanimously to approve the firearm in all the above-mentioned calibers as it meets
    the criteria stated in statute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom