• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stevegee58

Spooky
    Aug 5, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    Has anyone else seen this happen before? I looked out my office window today and saw one of the local does standing there. Then this buck approached, got in her face and she basically bowed? curtsied? It's hard to describe. She bent her front legs slightly like a woman would curtsy and dipped her back slightly, then they touched lips several times. After that, the doe moved off and the buck ran into the woods.

The whole interaction lasted maybe 20 seconds but it was one of the strangest things I've seen in a while.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    lol..

I've seen male cardinals shell and offer seeds to female cardinals in Spring as part of the mating ritual but never heard of this.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Has anyone else seen this happen before? I looked out my office window today and saw one of the local does standing there. Then this buck approached, got in her face and she basically bowed? curtsied? It's hard to describe. She bent her front legs slightly like a woman would curtsy and dipped her back slightly, then they touched lips several times. After that, the doe moved off and the buck ran into the woods.

The whole interaction lasted maybe 20 seconds but it was one of the strangest things I've seen in a while.
    Yes !!! :innocent0 :D

Last edited:

Treeguy

Jan 14, 2010
    Boonsboro
    Yup..i have seen it before. One of my buddies i got into hunting stoped because of this type of thing. He was bow hunting a saw a fawn and doe kissing and that was the end of it.

I have seen many cool things in my 20 years of deer hunting.

Its like cows, i often see them kissing and rubbing heads..Horses do this also.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I've seen the female of one species gyrate on a raised platform above many males of the same species and had bucks offered to them.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    When I first saw the title, I thought this was about some PETA scheme to stop hunting the buggers; to just chase them down and kiss them.

Of course, if the doe is really cute . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom