• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    I just got (yesterday) a 350 legend upper from Bear Creek Arsenal. I won't have a chance to get out to the range, so I'll be sticking with the Savage 220 this year.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Winchester 70 in 30-06 has been my choice most of the time. Might go with the 94 in 30/30 once or twice. If I’m going with SW my Marlin 44 Mag will be it.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    .50 Beowulf this year in Talbot county. Before that was my 870 special purpose. Maybe .44mag 629 performance center? Options, I like options.

Roksfr

Ardent Safety Training
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 14, 2020
    Southern AA
    My Henry X in 30-30, factory sights. Nice traditional set up in a modern package.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Wife took her first Sika deer last year using her brand new Savage Axis in .350.
    She's headed off again this weekend after we head to the range to ensure that the rifle is still zeroed in.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Is 350 simular to 223 but workimg around that bottle neck law?
    It's larger. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.350_Legend

800px-.350_Legend.jpg

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Im unaware of any rifle reg that using it violates. It's straight walled so legal in shotgun counties, the caliber is easily powerful enough to kill a white tail so what am I missing?
    Unless it's changed rifles we're held to a 1200ft lb minimum for deer. 223 can be a challenge but it's doable.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Im unaware of any rifle reg that using it violates. It's straight walled so legal in shotgun counties, the caliber is easily powerful enough to kill a white tail so what am I missing?
    It does not meet the 1200 ft/lb energy requirement for rifles --see the discussion in the Airgun section---I had long conversation with DNR guy about this very subject. Of course it is powerful enough- as would be a .357 or .45 levergun--it is just not legal ---would be legal from a pistol probably at 700 ft/lb---dumb regulation in my opinion--it may change in a year or 2 (or 3). I have Ruger Pc Carbine in .40s&w that I would like to use too. Like I said -read the section of the Hunting Guide that applies

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Yep - current regs are 1200 ft lbs for rifle and 700 ft lbs for handgun. Not that a deer would notice the difference.
    700 fpe from a 6 inch barrel pistol should be easy with a 10mm. 1200 fpe from the carbine is doubtful. If serious better have your proof ready.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    700 fpe from a 6 inch barrel pistol should be easy with a 10mm. 1200 fpe from the carbine is doubtful. If serious better have your proof ready.
    Have to push a 200 grain at 1250 fps for a pistol, and 1650 fps for the rifle. I can push a 170 that fast in a handgun in a 41 mag, but a 10 is < 41 mag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom