• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Rule 26. Computing and Extending Time
    (a) Computing Time. The following rules apply in computing any time period specified in these rules, in any local rule or court order, or in any statute that does not specify a method of computing time.

(1) Period Stated in Days or a Longer Unit. When the period is stated in days or a longer unit of time:

(A) exclude the day of the event that triggers the period;

(B) count every day, including intermediate Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays; and

(C) include the last day of the period, but if the last day is a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, the period continues to run until the end of the next day that is not a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday.

The time officially started Feb 5th so they should have until the 19th (Friday) and will likely take the full amount of time.

With time beginning on the 5th, today would be the 14th day. I guess they have a few hours left...

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    They appear to have filed it around 7 pm. The en banc petition is attached

I find it interesting that they want to single out the AR-15 as a copy of the M-16 that does not belong in citizens hands yet ignores the dozens of other weapons that were banned. They also failed to make any real point concerning magazine size.

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    I read the petition. Rehash of the same. How can they ignore the fact that the AR15 is in common use? Isn't that the crux of the matter?

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    I read the petition. Rehash of the same. How can they ignore the fact that the AR15 is in common use? Isn't that the crux of the matter?

I believe there claim is that AR's are only 3% of the guns out there and held by only 1% of the population. I wanna know where that figure came from. This site alone would bust those facts.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I find it interesting that they want to single out the AR-15 as a copy of the M-16 that does not belong in citizens hands yet ignores the dozens of other weapons that were banned. They also failed to make any real point concerning magazine size.

Because they really can't do any of those things and apply strict scrutiny. If that's the best they can come up with, I'm pretty excited about our chances.

Campfire

Apr 21, 2012
    Kansas
    Is anyone else having a problem with the attachment not appearing?

Sent from a galaxy far, far, away....

+1

On Tapatalk I only can see/open a fraction of attachments. I have to switch to web view and login to download.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raif10

Apr 6, 2013
    Can someone explain this like I'm 5? I'm so far from being a lawyer that it makes a noise.

Off to throw more money at MSI...

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie

I could be mistaken, but isn't the M16 technically a copy of the AR15? I thought the semi auto version was first and then it was developed for the military.

Bourbonstamps

Dec 23, 2015
    After considering
    precedent of the Supreme Court and this Court, the district court found that
    “intermediate scrutiny is appropriate for assessing the constitutionality of
    Maryland’s ban because it does not seriously impact a person’s ability to defend
    himself in the home, the Second Amendment’s core protection.

Apparently Frosh has found the term "home defense" written in the 2A

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I believe there claim is that AR's are only 3% of the guns out there and held by only 1% of the population. I wanna know where that figure came from. This site alone would bust those facts.

What happened to the 4th saying more AR's sold than Ford F150 pickups ?

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Because they really can't do any of those things and apply strict scrutiny. If that's the best they can come up with, I'm pretty excited about our chances.

They'll just do what they always do: find another [unrelated] legal precedent to use as a rationalization and find someone willing to run with it. Any questions? See Roe v Wade, Roberts' rationale for Obamacare and any number of other upside-down rulings that defy logic, reason and constitutional law.:sad20:
    Hope for the best, but I wouldn't get excited until/unless reason has prevailed (note: past-tense).

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

This is a great explaination. :thumbsup: Thread was closed!!!

"Upon review of all the parties’ evidence, the court seriously doubts that the banned assault long guns are commonly possessed for lawful purposes, particularly self-defense in the home, which is at the core of the Second Amendment right, and is inclined to find the weapons fall outside Second Amendment protection as dangerous and unusual."

Now, let's examine the salient portion of Miller:

"The significance attributed to the term Militia appears from the debates in the Convention, the history and legislation of Colonies and States, and the writings of approved commentators. These show plainly enough that the Militia comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense. ‘A body of citizens enrolled for military discipline.’ And further, that ordinarily when called for service these men were expected to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in common use at the time."

And Heller:

"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those in common use at the time finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom