• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Deb Rey is a strong candidate who is facing-down Steny Hoyer's protege in the southernmost district in St. Mary's county.

Deb is a 20-year USAF veteran. She is a wife, a mom, and a Republican activist who strongly supports efforts to work HARD to recover our rights here in Maryland.:party29:

She is strongly in favor of 2A rights. In fact, that's where I first met her when we were protesting and testifying against SB281 up in Annapolis.
    Her website is here -- note that Pro-2A Civil Rights is one of her core issues.:thumbsup:

Deb is looking for your votes. But she is ALSO looking for volunteers, letter-writers, phone-callers, and contributors.

Please help Deb to be elected to the House of Delegates so that she can help us to push-back against the Annapolis Democratic-machine of O'Malley, Brown, Frosh, and Bohanan.

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    If there were any doubt about Bohanan's 2A stance check out his voting record on the amendments to SB-281 on April 2-3, 2013. Out of 35 recorded votes, Bohanan did not even cast a vote 13 times. He voted with the leadership 10 times and voted for 2A amendments 12 times. As I see it he is absent 1/3 of the time. he is for the 2A folks 1/3 of the time and against 2A 1/3 of the time. This is just the kind of cover your butt politics that screws gun owners. If all Bohanan's 2A constituents can expect is a 1/3 effort from him it is definitely time for a change. I highly recommend that 2A supporters in District 29B dump Bohanan in favor of a real Pro 2a candidate, Deb Rey. Just so you don't think this is a single issue, check out Bohanan's record of voting for tax increases. Just like his employer and mentor Steny Hoyer, Bohanan is a proud tax and spend career politician.

Last edited:
    Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I had to run an errand today and as I was driving out of my neighborhood I saw Bohannon walking around door to door. Before I got home, he'd been by and left me a flyer. I'm real disappointed I didn't get the chance to tell him how he's a sellout for the people of MD.

Looking forward to seeing Deb representing us in Annapolis!

Brian Hastings

Known Miscreant
    Jun 20, 2012
    38.253883, -76.470756
    Vote for Deb!

John Bohannon was my neighbor for several years and he's a very nice man.

His voting record has been terrible however and has made a direct impact on my wallet. He's happy to go along with his party even when it isn't in the best interests of his rural district. Every now and then when he knows that a measure will pass anyways he'll throw us a bone but his real feelings show up when you see his votes on amendments. Tax and spend and increasing regulation are his trends when nobody's watching.

Deb is delightfully straightforward and a strong anti-tax and pro 2A candidate. She's honest and not beholden to anyone.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Deb's Hosting An Event on September 13th -- All are Invited

See here.

Attachments

• DebRey - 52-Days to Victory.jpg
      DebRey - 52-Days to Victory.jpg
      28.8 KB · Views: 255

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Deb Rey hasn't said anything of substance. Sure she's for the 2A. Aren't they all.

"I want to be your voice" - Doesn't tell me anything

"I am volunteering to be your voice in Annapolis." -no you're not. You're getting paid. What is her current job?

"I will fight to lower taxes and fees, and will oppose any new taxes or fees proposed. I will work to cut programs to reduce the size of government and the stranglehold it has on our lives." - Be specific. What taxes to be cut. What programs to be cut?

"I will fight for your right to pursue liberty. After all, liberty is the freedom to choose your own course and not have it defined for you." - Nothing to see here.

"long-term vision of eliminating all current income and property taxes and funding all levels of government with a sales tax instead." Isn't going to happen.

"This sales tax would be set at a rate that would drastically reduce every American’s tax burden. Further" - If possible, it would be astronomical to offset the taxes not paid (income, property, and capital gains) from the wealthiest.

"I proposed turning our current tax structure upside down and keeping the vast majority of our tax money at the local and state level instead of sending it to the federal government." - Again - it's red meat. Need specifics.

"Pushing government spending down to the state and local levels puts the money in the hands of the people who are best positioned to spend it wisely." - Not sure this is true. But I could be convinced otherwise. DO you really want our county commissioners setting all the requirements. Look at schools in St. Mary's County. Grossly underfunded and the county has 50 million in reserve.

"How do we accomplish this vision? First, we elect representatives to all levels of government who believe we need to lower taxes and stop re-electing those who constantly increase our taxes. Second, these leaders need to examine every government program and cut anything that isn’t vitally important or a constitutional mandate." - agree with this, but it doesn't state how.

"Third, we need to push every government service or program down to the lowest level possible." Really. This is nonsense. Maybe she would like our county commissioners to regulate her Air Force pension.

"Fight for adequate funding to improve the sources of congestion in St. Mary’s County" - so she wants projects to improve roads in St. Mary's County and Southern Maryland, but she states she wants to reduce taxes. You can't get roads for free.

Much of her platform is contradictory. For example in general terms - wants more oversight, but wants to reduce costs. Who is going to do the oversight. Jackie Russell and Larry Jarboe?

"Repeal the rain tax and develop alternative solutions that balance the need to protect the bay with the need to reduce Marylanders’ tax burden" - contradictory. Maybe the solution would be to back out the storm water drainage requirements. Or Maybe get the Conowingo damn polluters in other states to pay the bill. This is complicated.

My opinion of her isn't that much different than any politician. Wanting more and paying less isn't smart economics.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Bohanan has been there for years. Please state anything he has done on those topics you discussed. What has he accomplished? ( besides being Hoyers puppet )

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Said a lotta words.

I was gonna respond in detail, but then I did a quick scan of Not-an-Outlaw's other posts. Upon doing that, I realized that engaging in such a discussion would be unlikely to be productive.:deadhorse:

Basscat said:
    Bohanan has been there for years. Please state anything he has done on those topics you discussed. What has he accomplished? ( besides being Hoyers puppet )

This is absolutely true.:thumbsup:

John Bohahan represents Steny, O'Malley, and the rest of the political elite in Annapolis and inside the DC beltway.:sad20: JohnB's full-time job is as "Senior Advisor" to Steny Hoyer.

I want a representative who will serve the people and represent the voters of St. Mary's county.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    After 15 years of Bohanan and watching our ever-higher tax dollars primarily go up the road to pet projects out of Annapolis politics, I think it's time for someone new.

Bohanan has had 15 years, but the infrastructure that serves the base still is pathetic: 45 minutes to run to Food Lion for stuff for an afternoon meeting the other day (about six miles round trip). Puh-leeze.

A single accident can gridlock the area, throwing both the base and the people who use 235 and 5 completely off their schedules. You would think that in 15 years, John-Bo could have gotten us some money for infrastructure to serve the economic engine of the county, but apparently not.

He admitted at the NAACP meeting that "We don't do enough to keep tax dollars in the county." He must have been using the royal "we" because it's HIS job as a representative to fight for just that.

But John-Bo doesn't know what the word "fight" means. When it came time to call for a special session to override O'Malley's veto of the wind farm bill, John wouldn't do it. He preferred to defer to regulatory morass to do his job for him, regulatory morass that may not protect our range.

When I met with him to talk about SB281, he slow-rolled me and said "Oh, I haven't read the bill yet." He wouldn't make any public statements against it, like even Roy did. He referred me to Mike Smigiel. Well, I thought John-Bo was the rep for this area, but apparently not. He voted down every damn amendment to that POS bill, just like his Democratic handlers told him to. Yes, he voted against the overall bill, but most likely only after the whip told him it was going to pass anyway.

Like DM said, this is a longer answer than deserved, but the best thing Ms. Rey could say is "Look at John's record." He never met a tax he didn't like, including the perpetually-rising gas tax, which is now rigged to go up without so much as a vote.

I think there's a clear choice this fall. Send a message. Send Deb Rey.

Irons

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    After 15 years of Bohanan and watching our ever-higher tax dollars primarily go up the road to pet projects out of Annapolis politics, I think it's time for someone new.

When I met with him to talk about SB281, he slow-rolled me and said "Oh, I haven't read the bill yet." He wouldn't make any public statements against it, like even Roy did. He referred me to Mike Smigiel. Well, I thought John-Bo was the rep for this area, but apparently not. He voted down every damn amendment to that POS bill, just like his Democratic handlers told him to. Yes, he voted against the overall bill, but most likely only after the whip told him it was going to pass anyway.

I think there's a clear choice this fall. Send a message. Send Deb Rey.

Irons

You actually got to talk to him? Every time I went to his office he wasn't there (probably out sticking his head up Steny's ass)

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    You actually got to talk to him? Every time I went to his office he wasn't there (probably out sticking his head up Steny's ass)

I have voted for JohnBoh in the past, but in recent years he has become literally unable to stand-up against the DC and Annapolis DEMocratic party leadership in favor of the people of southern Maryland.:sad20:

A number of us who are concerned with Second Amendment Civil Rights met with John Bohanan in the early days of opposition to Senate Bill 281, the grossly mis-named “Firearms Safety Act of 2013”.
    In this meeting, I was sitting not 2 feet from John, face-to-face. As part of our discussion, John stated to my face that “This bill has nothing to do with public safety.” When he then asked us what we wanted him to do with respect to SB281 -- we told him that we would settle for him standing-up to O’Malley and house leadership by simply publicly stating what he had just told us in his office. In response, he looked down at his feet like an ashamed little kid and, after a long pause, he quietly said “I don’t know if I can do that.”

If John had agreed to speak out – loudly and clearly going on the public record in saying exactly what he had told us in his office, then we would have been at least somewhat satisfied with his effort. As a committee-chairman in the house of delegates and as Steny Hoyer's protégé / heir-apparent, John’s public support would have been powerful leadership.
    But JohnBoh was unable to stand-up to Steny, O'Malley, and the rest of the party leadership -- just another reason why we don't need ambitious career politicians.

John can be a nice guy. But just being a nice guy is a pretty poor qualification to be an elected Delegate. It is an exceptionally poor qualification when our area is out-voted and out-gerrymandered in both houses – in times like these we need strong representatives who are willing to challenge the Annapolis leadership on our behalf. And John is unable or unwilling to provide that strong and assertive leadership.:tdown:

That's a big part of why I am supporting Deb Rey for Delegate.

bbguns

Defend the Constitution
    Jan 28, 2010
    Heading to Free America
    A few of us wasted a good, rainy Saturday morning in March 2013 tryin to educate Bohanon about gun rights, crime stats, and the abomination that became Md law. Those hours were a complete waste of time. From a 2A perspective, he is marginally better than pond scum. A vote for him is a vote against the second amendment and, by extension, personal freedom and the Bill of Rights. My dog would be a better candidate...

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    A few of us wasted a good, rainy Saturday morning in March 2013 tryin to educate Bohanon about gun rights, crime stats, and the abomination that became Md law. Those hours were a complete waste of time. From a 2A perspective, he is marginally better than pond scum. A vote for him is a vote against the second amendment and, by extension, personal freedom and the Bill of Rights. My dog would be a better candidate...

I met with JohnBoh on this topic (and others, including wind-turbines) with exactly the same results as you. He may have been born in SoMD, but nowadays he lives up in Annapolis and inside the DC beltway. He loyalty is to Steny, Martin O'Malley, and the rest of the party leadership up there.:sad20:

My only question for you is as follows:
    What do you have against pond scum as your elected Delegate?:wtf:

brandofire

Jul 4, 2013
    SOMD
    Saw Deb and her supporters at the corner of 5 and 246 this morning. One of the girls holding a sign was wearing a pink "guns save lives" shirt. Gave them a :thumbsup: She has my vote!

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Deb has my vote and my financial support. Bo must go.

Edit: Not_an_Outlaw motivated me to contribute more to her campaign. I appreciate the nudge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom