• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I have never had anything but positive dealings with the MSP, which includes getting pulled over and getting ticketed at a multi-car speed trap where I was one of about 10 people who got pulled over for the sole purpose of funding the state's coffers. Can't blame an officer for doing what they've been ordered to do.

For that matter, I've had very positive experiences with pretty much every law enforcement agency I've dealt with here in MD. Dunno - maybe it's because I'm a clean-cut, polite person, or maybe I've just had the good fortune to never have to deal with a guy in a uniform on a power trip.

Chewyk78

Mar 6, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    I've been going to Chick-Fil-A for 5 years. I've had many nice fast food workers serve me and I've had a few not so nice ones who I assumed were having a rough day. Maybe they are complete idiots all the time but I figured that's not likely.

Wait....the same could almost go for anyone at work.

Go figure.
    That was awesome! Everyone has bad days... Still first impressions matter, and you ought be able to expect more professionalism from a trooper, or any officer, than your average fastfood worker.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    That was awesome! Everyone has bad days... Still first impressions matter, and you ought be able to expect more professionalism from a trooper, or any officer, than your average fastfood worker.

The idea is none of us know what the Trooper or Officer has going on in their life. They are not robots and live a very similar life as everyone else.

They get yelled at by their bosses, their kids get in trouble in school, their car breaks down, they have bills that are due and some even have bills past due, they have medical issues, wife issues etc.

It's not possible to expect anyone to put all that away for 8 hours and not carry it with them. Right or wrong it's just human. Police are not robots and many here can be thankful that they are humans and are typically very understanding and use said humanness which leads to discretion meaning you get a warning instead of a ticket or any other level of a "break" that you get.

I agree the officer has a greater responsibility in the scheme of things but to have an encounter with one or two people out of a few thousand and form an opinion is just silly.

mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    Essex Barrack was great doing a transfer. Also got the impression that the trooper thought the new law was BS. That trooper felt everyone should be able to carry and we wouldn't have problems like the Navy Yard. (This trooper said that one of their own had retired, got a security job at the Navy Yard, and got killed. Pretty bummed out.) However, the weekend duty officer at HQ on Reistertown Road was a real bitch, yes she was! "I don't do transfers. Come back Monday." What I saw, she don't do nothing!

Not to throw water on a great bonfire, but did you promptly call on Monday to 'discuss' the experience that you had?

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    Mostly good. I've had trouble with a few Troopers when I was transferring firearms. The Troopers didn't want to do the transfers because they were being lazy. It happened once at Waterloo and once at Glen Burnie. All of my experiences were good at Golden Ring, Bel Air, and the Licensing Division.

Chewyk78

Mar 6, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    I completely agree with you, and your original post was funny to boot. Forming an opinion based on a few bad encounters really is silly, but generalizing based on the incidents that stand out (positively or negatively) is how opinions get formed. You know, sorta like one bad apple spoils the whole batch?

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    Does anyone else find the MSP to be jerky to deal with? Maybe it is me. ??
    I visit the Waterloo Barracks 2-3 times week to drop off 77R's. All the duty officers are great. They don't like these laws any better than we do. As some point we all have to put principle over a paycheck and say NO to more feckless legislation. Civil disobedience.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As individuals , they are all individuals , somewhere along the Nice/ Professional / jerk continuim.

The problem is the tendency both as individuals , and for Institutional Policy to * make stuff up on the spot * ..

Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    The troopers in the field are always courteous and professional.

As are 99% of the office-chained troopers.

But as every business owner knows, that 1% who are nasty, sullen, and ill-tempered can bring down the reputation of your entire organization.

bullett67

Aug 17, 2013
    eastern shore md
    I've had to deal with the Salisbury barrack before on an inspection for a company vehicle that had gotten a ticket for lights not working. All I can say is if it happens again someone else can deal with them!

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I was at 2A one day and ran into the Trooper who did my transfer at Jessup.
    Who would've thunk it? A regular guy buying guns like the rest of us.
    Oh and he thinks the new laws will only affect law abiding citizens and make it more likely for them to unwittingly break the law and it will do nothing to reduce street crime.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    I was at 2A one day and ran into the Trooper who did my transfer at Jessup.
    Who would've thunk it? A regular guy buying guns like the rest of us.
    Oh and he thinks the new laws will only affect law abiding citizens and make it more likely for them to unwittingly break the law and it will do nothing to reduce street crime.

Ha! What does he know? Doesn't he read the press releases or listen to all the Gov'nor's speeches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom