• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jmurman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2007
    Perry Hall
    I have a Springfield Loaded 1911. I doubt there's a current warranty on it. Anyway the night sights are dead. Don't want to send this pistol away...any suggestions?

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    You would only need to send the slide out if you opted to go that way to get them re-lit.

Or, you could buy new ones and have them installed if it's a dovetailed slide.

Jmurman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2007
    Perry Hall
    I have a Kimberly Pro Carry ST with all black sights...not too practical for dark shooting. I took some plumbers putty and dammed off an area on both front blade and rear sights. Using Kilz. White paint, this stuff sticks to everything, I painted them. Works great so far.

I might just go this route with the dead night sights

EMS Burnout

Oct 10, 2012
    Baltimore County
    What is the cost difference between shipping and having Trijicon refurbishing and having a local shop put on new sights? It seems you have three options: 1. Live with dead sights. 2. Send out the side. 3. Have someone local put on new sights.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I'm considering doing this with a SIG P228. I have a concern. The pistol is dead on nuts accurate. I don't want to get the slide back from SIG and have the aim be off and need to be adjusted. Is this an unjustified concern?

I sent my P228 back to Sig last summer for a service pack (new springs, etc. even though it only had light use) and a set of Sig Lites (which are now Mepro Light TruDost). Turnaround in one week. Was also concerned but took it to the range. First shot dead center at 15 yards, all follow on shots in a nice tight group. I used it at an informal steel match two weekends ago. They are fine.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    What is the cost difference between shipping and having Trijicon refurbishing and having a local shop put on new sights? It seems you have three options: 1. Live with dead sights. 2. Send out the side. 3. Have someone local put on new sights.

Having Trijicon change the vials is much cheaper than having new sights installed. I believe it is about $45 if I recall correctly.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I sent my P228 back to Sig last summer for a service pack (new springs, etc. even though it only had light use) and a set of Sig Lites (which are now Mepro Light TruDost). Turnaround in one week. Was also concerned but took it to the range. First shot dead center at 15 yards, all follow on shots in a nice tight group. I used it at an informal steel match two weekends ago. They are fine.
    Fantastic! Thank you!

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Having Trijicon change the vials is much cheaper than having new sights installed. I believe it is about $45 if I recall correctly.

That's outstanding news. I can definitely use that service. Tons cheaper than new sights, too.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge

I had that done a few years ago and the price was right in that ball park.

I also had these guys re-lamp a set of Heinie Straight 8 sights on a Kimber. I had them put the white insert around the front sight as Heinie doesn't offer that. They did a great job and had a good turnaround time.

All I had to do was send the slide in and it shot dead on when I got it back.

http://tooltechgunsight.com/about_tooltech_gunsight.html

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Thanks for the thread. My XD has nightsights which are also almost dead. $45 is reasonable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I have a Kimber with dead nite sites. Would I do best to send it to Kimber or Tijicon?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I have a Kimber with dead nite sites. Would I do best to send it to Kimber or Tijicon?

I would call Trijicon. When I needed ones in my Glock re-lamped I sent them to Trijicon directly.

I don't believe Kimber would have the ability to replace the tritium vials. I would think they could only replace the entire sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom