• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I like how they “believe that a substantial portion” of those stolen rounds were “sold to drug dealers and other criminals in DE and PA”. I’m curious how they know that. This wild ass guess/speculation/pearl clutching is the basis for this suit, Cabelas lawyers will demand discovery as to how they arrived at this statement, and with no good answer this case goes away with apologies from the judge.

Maybe.
    I infer from this that DE prosecutors know of felons in possession of ammunition and firearms and instead are choosing to prosecute a business that is the victim of a crime.

But it won't be the first time DE ignored a known drug user who illegally possessed a firearm.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    In the end Cabela's may just decide it's not worth doing business in Delaware and close up there. Or they might decide whatever fine they may have to pay is just the price of doing business there. I guess it will depend on which option is more cost effective in the long run.
    Or decide that selling guns and ammunition there is not worth the hassle, which is probably the ultimate goal of all this.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    More and more activist judges are dancing around plcaa. on regular basis.

iirc from Minnesota today a report of another skirt by the state on the FPC twitter feed

easy! Federal law means nothing when it comes to disfavored issues. Until scotus says stop… OR they effectively nullify federal law in scotus like they did in National sports wagering prohibitions

The biggest thing is that they have to get around the PLC, which is extremely difficult.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    In the end Cabela's may just decide it's not worth doing business in Delaware and close up there. Or they might decide whatever fine they may have to pay is just the price of doing business there. I guess it will depend on which option is more cost effective in the long run.
    Has Cabela's already been found liable and fined in a final, unappealled decision?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Like Baltimore suing KIA and Hyundai cause their cars are easy to steal ... How bout suing Tik-Tok for showing the little thuglets how to do it !
    Hyundai and Kia example to be apples to apples would be closer to if Cabela’s was putting the ammo on tables in front of the store on the sidewalk with a sign that said “honor system, please pay for any ammo you take” and ensure no cameras were on the front of the store and no employees were stationed outside. And they covered the windows so nobody could see out there.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I stopped in there a few weeks ago. All of their ammo is now behind the counter. You need an employee to help you. Total PITA. I figured it was theft related, but had no idea it was this bad. Yeah, probably an inside job.
    Yep. I was in there a month or two ago. Was gonna buy some ammo but then was like ehh screw it.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Has nothing to do with "blaming the victim" and more to do with this;

"Thus far, Cabela’s has failed to promptly or meaningfully respond to the State’s subpoena, according to a release."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom