• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Stressful shooting on the clock, but I had a good time today. Thanks again to everyone! I look forward to receiving my DC permit and applying in MD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you should get extra points for doing it with a revolver!

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    This..

Now I can put faces with the names.. :)

Nice seeing y'all today. Hope to see you guys and gal again.
    Nice working with you lx1x. Lol forward to seeing you back up in Frederick soon!

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Awesome class, awesome instructors, I can't say enough that anyone who wants to obtain/renew a MD and/or DC permit needs to register for this class when offered again. So much knowledge crammed into 2 days. Our ratio was around 2 students per instructor.

Thank you so much: Cypherpunk, Ben, lx1x, TTMD, woodstock, Alex, Jim, George Lyon, and everyone else who gave of their time.

I learned I need different eye glasses, I learned to follow instructions from someone other than my wife, LOL. Just an awesome, intense, fun, bargain of a course!

If there isn't a wait list for this course next time I would be shocked.

I finally got to meet GTOGUNNER and swinokur face to face plus see lots of guys I already knew such as Snallygaster, DC-W, Schipperke, and more. Great time.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Fantastic back-to-back weekends of training at the Frederick IWLA. As many have noted, it was nice to put faces to MDS aliases, especially as I get out less often. I'm also in agreement with the superlatives regarding the DC/MD concealed permit course - the first of its kind as far as I know - and structured to negate some of the procedural exercises that the DC gov't has created to infringe on people's right to carry in our nation's capital, an apparent Constitution free zone.

I do think a special shoutout is required to acknowledge the effort and energy of Cypherpunk in not only expertly and rapidly putting this course together - but for his relentless, grassroots level confrontation of the DC bureaucracy designed to infringe on 2A rights and his current efforts to effect change in MD through similar approaches. The perspective that he has regarding the permit application process and the shrewd tips that he provided based on his significant firsthand experience are well worth the price of admission to the course.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Fantastic back-to-back weekends of training at the Frederick IWLA. As many have noted, it was nice to put faces to MDS aliases, especially as I get out less often. I'm also in agreement with the superlatives regarding the DC/MD concealed permit course - the first of its kind as far as I know - and structured to negate some of the procedural exercises that the DC gov't has created to infringe on people's right to carry in our nation's capital, an apparent Constitution free zone.

I do think a special shoutout is required to acknowledge the effort and energy of Cypherpunk in not only expertly and rapidly putting this course together - but for his relentless, grassroots level confrontation of the DC bureaucracy designed to infringe on 2A rights and his current efforts to effect change in MD through similar approaches. The perspective that he has regarding the permit application process and the shrewd tips that he provided based on his significant firsthand experience are well worth the price of admission to the course.
    :thumbsup:

Pleasure meeting you these past 2 weeks sir. Thanks again for your donations to Penelope's fundraisers.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Thank you.

I cannot begin to express how much I rely on and appreciate the support of a team of truly outstanding people who made this class the success that it was - A team that includes Master NRA Training Counselors, Training Counselors, Doctors, PhD's, and experienced NRA Certified Instructor/RSO's.

Several participants have taken me aside and asked me to pass on their thanks for helping to make them safer, more competent responsible citizens - and they have you to thank.

So to the following team members we express our sincere and deep appreciation;

Ben Kelkye
    balext
    Jim G.
    ttmd
    lx1x
    Woodstock
    Doc

This weekend was a lot of work and I am only now recovering. If I do decide to do it again, I hope that we can count on your assistance.

Each of the students who completed the course became highly competent drawing and shooting from a holster, with zero safety issues. I would concealed carry or shoot IDPA with any one of them. I look forward to each of them receiving their DC and/or Maryland permits.

Thank you everyone and all, again.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    :thumbsup:

Pleasure meeting you these past 2 weeks sir. Thanks again for your donations to Penelope's fundraisers.
    Nice meeting you too. I missed some MDS names the first class, so it's good we had two. The series put me in the mood for more shooting classes and/or IDPA. Going to feel a void if I don't get to do one or the other soon.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Nice meeting you too. I missed some MDS names the first class, so it's good we had two. The series put me in the mood for more shooting classes and/or IDPA. Going to feel a void if I don't get to do one or the other soon.

IDPA

Since there seems to be a lot of interest, I am going to try to convince ttmd to start a thread for the next IDPA event in the Training & Safety Forum.

Perhaps we can get a large contingent to attend under the MDS flag, arrange for a catered tailgate/brunch as well as range caddies?

RECOMMENDED CLASSES

In addition to IDPA, I recommend the following classes to practice and continue to develop your skills:

NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home (July 9-11) $125
    NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home (July 16-18) $140
    NRA Advance Defensive Pistol (Dec 10-12) $160

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I cannot begin to express how much I rely on and appreciate the support of a team of truly outstanding people who made this class the success that it was - A team that includes Master NRA Training Counselors, Training Counselors, Doctors, PhD's, and experienced NRA Certified Instructor/RSO's.

Several participants have taken me aside and asked me to pass on their thanks for helping to make them safer, more competent responsible citizens - and they have you to thank.

Ben Kelkye
    balext
    Jim G.
    ttmd
    lx1x
    Woodstock
    Doc

This weekend was a lot of work and I am only now recovering. If I do decide to do it again, I hope that we can count on your assistance.

Each of the students who completed the course became highly competent drawing and shooting from a holster, with zero safety issues. I would concealed carry or shoot IDPA with any one of them. I look forward to each of them receiving their DC and/or Maryland permits.

Great team. I was personally happy to meet lx1x. The density of instructors contributed to safety, and their rotation allowed one to get different perspective and tips (e.g. faster draw presentation, shooting from the draw, etc) from these individuals.

The Tueller related drill was fun too. :)

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    IDPA

Since there seems to be a lot of interest, I am going to try to convince ttmd to start a thread for the next IDPA event in the Training & Safety Forum.

Perhaps we can get a large contingent to attend under the MDS flag, arrange for a catered tailgate/brunch as well as range caddies?

RECOMMENDED CLASSES

In addition to IDPA, I recommend the following classes to practice and continue to develop your skills:

NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home (July 9-11) $125
    NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home (July 16-18) $140
    NRA Advance Defensive Pistol (Dec 10-12) $160

I'm all about IDPA ;)
    Haven't participated yet this year and I'm itchin' to get out there!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Great team. I was personally happy to meet lx1x. The density of instructors contributed to safety, and their rotation allowed one to get different perspective and tips (e.g. faster draw presentation, shooting from the draw, etc) from these individuals.

The Tueller related drill was fun too. :)
    Same here.. Nice to meet you also.. :)

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009

Ben Kelkye
    balext
    Jim G.
    ttmd
    lx1x
    Woodstock
    Doc

:thumbsup: glad to be of assistance. seemingly i learn something anew time and time again. looking forward to assisting again.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    What everyone else said.

It was definitely like an MDS meetup, faces to names.

As mentioned before, the teacher(RSO) to student ratio can't be beat 2-1. So there was always at least one eyeball on you if not two. Don't think there was any one eyed RSOs.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    PPITH & PPOTH coming up in July.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I just sent my training certificate form this class to Sgt. Hall via email along with my DC online training certificate since they started requiring it 20 minutes after they took my firearm, and also included my Second Amendment Foundation membership card. I also reminded Sgt. Hall of all of my original documentation including business license, other permits, etc.

:fingerscrossed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom