• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    Since you must register a firearm to get a CCW in DC I was told the used Firearm addendum MUST be filled out no matter what even if you purchased the weapon new. The instructions clearly say only needed if gun was purchased used or not purchased from a FFL. According to the reps in the office EVERY GUN not currently in the gun store is used as far as they are concerned. If you do not know the date of purchase, location, phone number, name of shop and address they WILL turn you away. So make sure you register a weapon you know all that info about.

Attachments

• 54BCA3F2-2EFF-49D3-952D-B93EF801C946.jpeg
      54BCA3F2-2EFF-49D3-952D-B93EF801C946.jpeg
      128.8 KB · Views: 80
    • 39010899-9406-4A37-8B06-54B05220DFCD.png
      39010899-9406-4A37-8B06-54B05220DFCD.png
      118.8 KB · Views: 72
    Last edited:

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I was lucky I brought the print out of my 77r with me, so I had all the info.

But yes they do this because they assume most guns where bought at a store connected or in DC so its already registered. But used ones could be bought face to face at some point.

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    Just be thankful you're not being held to their ridiculous registered ammo statute. Yes, that's a thing. A good friend of mine was arrested under this stupid law.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    If you do not know the date of purchase, location, phone number, name of shop and address they WILL turn you away. So make sure you register a weapon you know know all that info on.
    What possible difference could any of that information make?

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    What possible difference could any of that information make?
    Only if they want to hassle you. Appts take 3-4 weeks to get and I watched 3 people leave because of that missing info. Seems the mood of the employees, based on conversations I heard, is they don’t like citizens being able to carry.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Someone should don a body camera and go down there and go through the process for everyone to see.

eric_2902

Retired Army
    Jan 13, 2010
    Conowingo
    Since you must register a firearm to get a CCW in DC I was told the used Firearm addendum MUST be filled out no matter what even if you purchased the weapon new. The instructions clearly say only needed if gun was purchased used or not purchased from a FFL. According to the reps in the office EVERY GUN not currently in the gun store is used as far as they are concerned. If you do not know the date of purchase, location, phone number, name of shop and address they WILL turn you away. So make sure you register a weapon you know all that info about.
    Thanks for the info. Just got approved for PA and DC was next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom