• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coolhand567

Apr 9, 2007
    Manassas, VA
    My daughter came to me a couple of weeks ago and asked me to teach her to shoot, and that she would like to buy a handgun for protection. Well today we both had some free time and I took her to On target. She loved it and did great shooting my Ruger P95 9mm. Out of 50 rounds at 7 aand 10 yds, she only missed the silouette once. I am very proud of my little girl. We'll be spending a lot more time at the range

Attachments

• Megan target 6-3-07.jpg
      Megan target 6-3-07.jpg
      55.1 KB · Views: 253

coolhand567

Apr 9, 2007
    Manassas, VA
    She is 25. She also brought her boyfriend along. It was his first time shooting anything. He did real well too, and wants to go back also (I'll post a picture of his target later). Looks like we have two more for the good guy's side.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I remember my daughter's first time at the range. I took my Ruger 10/22 to On Target and she did awesome. Especially since she was only 8 at the time.

Actually, I bought that Ruger just for my kids. It's a youth model and fits them real nice.

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    my daughter is still just in diapers but I am sure I will get her one of those little .22 cricket rifles when she gets a little older.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    She is 25. She also brought her boyfriend along. It was his first time shooting anything. He did real well too, and wants to go back also (I'll post a picture of his target later). Looks like we have two more for the good guy's side.

that's awsome, any reason she waited till she was 25 to want to shoot ? same thing happened with my old sister years ago i used to go to the range weekly in high school. and she used to hate guns, then one days said hey can i come i said sure, i forget what i let her shoot, but she had a blast and always ask when can we go again. :party29:

Apr 18, 2007
    Churchton, MD
    Outstanding! It's never too late to start.

Navy- Both of my girls shot a .22 before they were even allowed to cross the street alone. There is nothing like seeing them pull the trigger for the first time.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    After the first time my daughter pulled the trigger on my .22 she turned to me and said,"That is the coolest thing I've ever done!"
    Then she joined my club's junior rifle team. That was three years ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom