• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    Maybe just best to get the word out, let it sink in and see if they cancel

IF I were them I wouldnt cancel, I would see this thread, invite more media, and wait for a member of the gun owning community to show their ass, and use the incident better advance their agenda the next session. Folks they are playing to win the issue, showing up and being oppositional helps them do that, nothing more.

Ill Ask again. How does doing this at this event advance our agenda?

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    So further alienating them is the answer. Gotcha. :thumbsup:

I honestly don't care about them, as they don't care about me. Like I said, I have been taking the high road for years and what do I have to show for it? I am not sure how it is alienating them, as they are still going to be antis at the end of the day even if we went in there and acted very nice or had our own pro2a "counter" party. I am not saying go in there an be rude, but wear a 2A shirt and maybe grill Raskin with some questions.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    An upside needs to be created. Lets show them that we can use these kind of events to motivate people to send $ to the new PAC being setup at HTTP://WWW.TAKEBACKMD.ORG to help defeat people like Jamie Raskin in the next election.

Clearly the funds raised by the ANTI GUN event will be used by Jamie Raskin and his friends. The most effective thing we can do is raise funds that will defect Jamie and his friends at reelection time using the new TAKE BACK MARYLAND PAC being setup now.

I do not personally believe attending the Jewish Youth Artists to End Gun Violence event will help our cause. In fact it may make the antis at that event want to donate more money because they will be pissed off that we crashed their event. I'd rather see them complacent and donate little money.

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    Personal satisfaction. To get even.

Ok if this is your reason, understand that your personal satisfaction will damage your ability to own firearms in MD in the future. For me I would say we devote our energy and time spent looking at kids art, to instead calling donors, supporting the DINO cause. Researching the enemy, etc. Not making the whole community look bad.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I honestly don't care about them, as they don't care about me. Like I said, I have been taking the high road for years and what do I have to show for it? I am not sure how it is alienating them, as they are still going to be antis at the end of the day even if we went in there and acted very nice or had our own pro2a "counter" party. I am not saying go in there an be rude, but wear a 2A shirt and maybe grill Raskin with some questions.

In your last post, you mention we need to convert anti to pro, in this post you say "**** them all."

Which one is it, **** them all or convert them?

If all you hope to accomplish is to get some imagined revenge, your going to hurt yourself and your going to hurt the cause.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The damage has been done. Our bed has been made FOR us, and we are all going to be forced to lie in it come Oct. 1.

You know what, we are in a lot better position than we could have been.

You are not going to have to go register anything.

You are not going to have to pay to register.

You are going to be able to keep everything you own.

We have set record turn outs.

Were we go from here, depends on you.

Do we become angry white men and lash out at the anti-gunners through mean spirited activities like this that have no other purpose other than trying to impart some imagined pain on Frosh?

Or do you start hosting events, attending events, and talking to people and as you say, convert them from anti to pro.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    The damage has been done. Our bed has been made FOR us, and we are all going to be forced to lie in it come Oct. 1.

A great deal of damage has been done in Maryland, up to this point, but don't lose sight of the fact that we may end up like Austrailia. We can take the short-term view that we lost this one and treat it like game, set, and match, or we can take the long view that we're still in, what, the fourth inning, and that we have lots of work to do. Part of this long view includes ensuring all our kids read the Federalist Papers (or at least certain selections among them) so they don't just hear slogans from both sides, but they understand and appreciate WHY 2A says what is does.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    In your last post, you mention we need to convert anti to pro, in this post you say "**** them all."

Which one is it, **** them all or convert them?

If all you hope to accomplish is to get some imagined revenge, your going to hurt yourself and your going to hurt the cause.

**** em.

In order to not be a minority, we have to build our numbers. To build our numbers, we have get people to convert from "anti" to "pro2a." Given the current mindset of your average Maryland liberal politician and citizen, I do not see that happening any time soon.

Conversion is the answer, but not possible in my opinion with your standard Maryland liberal.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    A Referendum has the chance to repeal ALL of SB281.

A lawsuit can only overturn 1 single part of the bill.

I ask MSI this, which part are you going to challenge in court?

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    There are many we will never convert, nor should we even try. Just think about this, could any of us be converted? It's not about converting their faithful, I wouldn't try to convert MOM. Rather, it's about converting or swaying that enormous number that doesn't feel terribly strongly one way or the other. First thing I don't want to do is piss them off. Don't think about trying to kill off the other side's advocate. Chevy doesn't try to burn down Ford dealerships, instead, it tries to woo buyers away from them.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Ok if this is your reason, understand that your personal satisfaction will damage your ability to own firearms in MD in the future. For me I would say we devote our energy and time spent looking at kids art, to instead calling donors, supporting the DINO cause. Researching the enemy, etc. Not making the whole community look bad.

I am not the OP and I am not in favor of the actions proposed. I was offering up the only logical explanation I could come up with by eliminating all other possible reasons for this party crashing. However, it prompted you to further my point.

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    You know what, we are in a lot better position than we could have been.

You are not going to have to go register anything.

You are not going to have to pay to register.

You are going to be able to keep everything you own.

We have set record turn outs.

Were we go from here, depends on you.

Do we become angry white men and lash out at the anti-gunners through mean spirited activities like this that have no other purpose other than trying to impart some imagined pain on Frosh?

Or do you start hosting events, attending events, and talking to people and as you say, convert them from anti to pro.

^^^^^this

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    After reading this whole thread, my opinion is this: Please don't go and do something dumb and throw us all under the bus because you're sick of fighting the fight. You are bringing in new people, young people, motivated people, like me who were previously inactive in this fight.

You might be tired, you might be worn out, but over the past few months you've gotten a sh*t load of reinforcements. There's no reason to go rushing in and throwing it all away now...

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    After reading this whole thread, my opinion is this: Please don't go and do something dumb and throw us all under the bus because you're sick of fighting the fight. You are bringing in new people, young people, motivated people, like me who were previously inactive in this fight.

You might be tired, you might be worn out, but over the past few months you've gotten a sh*t load of reinforcements. There's no reason to go rushing in and throwing it all away now...

+1 I agree with this statement. I joined to help the cause not to do something to hinder it even though I know it feels like a good thing to do and first after being one of the people on the first page saying yeah lets do it I sat back and listened and read what other people had to say and thought about it and it seems like this may hinder the cause at 25 I know I can be rebellious and do dumb things but this feels like a bad road to take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom