• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    It certainly could be, definitely wish I had inspected them all more closely. There was a guy there at the same time as me that asked if it the T44 matching, and the seller shrugged his shoulders and said something to the extent of "I don't know, not even sure how to check that". The finish on wood/metal did look original and screws did not appear buggered. If it's something you go for make sure to use his lack of knowledge against him when haggling.

It was gone when I got there. Someone got a good deal. The only Type 44 I saw was beat up and they were asking a high price, IMO. The same guy had a cavalry carbine that was neat, but no mum and a high price again. I did see a Type 94 Nambu that I went for. I've been looking for one of those ugly bastards for a while. This one's a little beat, but it will do nicely until I find one in better shape. I'll post it up in the C&R section.

The MSI table was in a nice location. I talked with them a bit and dropped some cash in the donation budget. Looks like it was a good show for MSI.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Want to thank all of those that volunteered or joined MSI this weekend. This was our first time at Chantilly, and was well worth it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    are you absolutely 100% certain it's an insurance issue (cost) or mandate? i'm not saying it's not but i don't think it's reasonable to assume it is insurance-related. I'm not aware of any gunshops that mandate no carry for employees or customers and this is just a big gunshop. and i've handled insurance for my various employers (outside the firearms biz) for a few decades and that issue never came up.

A show is just a big gun shop? Really? Who has the lease for this "big gun shop," and who has ultimate liability if something happens? Whose customers are those 1,000 or so people walking through the aisles? Who has liability?

And if somebody tries to rob or steal from that "gun shop," who can defend it? A store owner in MD can have a gun behind the counter, but what about a show with 1,000 patrons? And imagine a well-armed gang, all walking in separately, then staging an organized heist of cash and a huge cache of weapons?

Then, what if an anti lunatic takes the invitation and starts firing away at a gun show, just to make a political statement and make the firearms community look bad? Imagine the media play that would get. Would it be simply, "Good," or "Gun nuts get their just desserts," or something similar?

When you handled insurance for employers "outside the firearms biz," maybe that's why that issue never came up. Insurance underwriters make their own underwriting rules.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    A show is just a big gun shop? Really? Who has the lease for this "big gun shop," and who has ultimate liability if something happens? Whose customers are those 1,000 or so people walking through the aisles? Who has liability?

if you're gonna give me a lot of attitude, at least address whether or not you are certain the show can't get insurance if ANYONE carries, or if they get their insurance amped up (and how much) if they allow carry, or something else.

my guess is it's just their rules and insurance has nothing to do with it, but i would like to know the true answer.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    if you're gonna give me a lot of attitude, at least address whether or not you are certain the show can't get insurance if ANYONE carries, or if they get their insurance amped up (and how much) if they allow carry, or something else.

my guess is it's just their rules and insurance has nothing to do with it, but i would like to know the true answer.

No attitude, and I don't know the answer to your questions. But the sponsor is C&E Gun Shows, and surely they do. Ask them. Here's their website's contact page: https://www.cegunshows.com/contact-us22.html .

Edit: And to be clear, whether it's an insurance requirement or not, there are non-insurance considerations, outlined above, that are equally important. Doesn't make the show sponsor a hypocrite. This has been discussed before on at least one other thread, IIRC.

Last edited:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Want to thank all of those that volunteered or joined MSI this weekend. This was our first time at Chantilly, and was well worth it.

At least 50 NEW MEMBERS of MSI this weekend!!!

Y'all are fantastic!!!!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Well, I was away from the table for a while looking at holsters and all the pretty stuff ;)

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Heckuva successful weekend, you guys. Thanks for doing that.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Same here. In a free state! How many holster dealers were there? Too many to count.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Same here. In a free state! How many holster dealers were there? Too many to count.

I lost count, but only needed to find those Bullseye guys. Both of the holsters they made me kick ass. Glad to finally have one for my Jericho.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I lost count, but only needed to find those Bullseye guys. Both of the holsters they made me kick ass. Glad to finally have one for my Jericho.
    Looking forward to getting mine in hand, or should I say wasteband

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I think the next time I go to a Nations gun show I will take a rest brake halfway point. I was hurting Sunday after spending 5 hours walking the floor, looked bigger then the last time, more stuff then my wallet could handle. Think I would learn to make a shopping list, like going into Wegmans for a loaf of bread and spending $200 and forgetting to get the bread.

Prices are a bit still crazy, you got to know what you need or welling to pay, sometimes you find a deal sometimes you are only saving the shipping changes.

Still rather spend my time doing that then cutting grass or watch the tube

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Great job!

I still wish you guys could have gotten a spot closer to VCDL!

While that would be nice and we will work to get closer, the spot we had was a good one as well.

Thanks for stopping by and talking for a bit.

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    18fa85a71af51fa785b60fb91b1f494e.jpg
    0315cfbb6a13d71ccb16f3b1c4f0ca98.jpg
    c135615de52d9f036898c08bbda8938b.jpg
    4949f264df3f10fbfda1edb3cdb6c548.jpg
    176a03228de631ee052dd0105c8c82ab.jpg
    d56bba6d8d24fcdab84fe256f3a16d51.jpg

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    Some photos from the show i snagged some bumper stickers and throwing knives. It was a huge show but honestly i didnt see much i liked. More than half the show seemed to be knives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom