• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    stopped by Duffy's today not really looking for anything, more wanted to get out of the house since i had the day off. i'm talking with the guys and see an older looking 91/30. i pick it up and see it is a little wore and battered on the wood but the receiver and barrel look to be in good shape. it also had no price on it;). so i ask and he looks at it for a second or two and gives a price, i think for a quick second and ask is that the best, he asks how are you paying and i say cash. he give a better price and looks at me. i almost yelled SOLD!!!! anyway, did the paperwork and we are talking and he tells me it is a bring back, not an import. this gets me to thinking of the history of the weapon while i am waiting on the call. of course it is delayed, no biggie to me though. i am thinking that this one will be kinda special if to no one else but me because it is a bring back and it made me want to know the story behind it.

a few people told me this was addictive but they didn't say how addictive, i think i might need an intervention.:innocent0

good thing i just got half a case, even better that i am going to order another case soon, huh?

The3clipser

Mister Tea
    Nov 29, 2009
    stopped by Duffy's today not really looking for anything, more wanted to get out of the house since i had the day off. i'm talking with the guys and see an older looking 91/30. i pick it up and see it is a little wore and battered on the wood but the receiver and barrel look to be in good shape. it also had no price on it;). so i ask and he looks at it for a second or two and gives a price, i think for a quick second and ask is that the best, he asks how are you paying and i say cash. he give a better price and looks at me. i almost yelled SOLD!!!! anyway, did the paperwork and we are talking and he tells me it is a bring back, not an import. this gets me to thinking of the history of the weapon while i am waiting on the call. of course it is delayed, no biggie to me though. i am thinking that this one will be kinda special if to no one else but me because it is a bring back and it made me want to know the story behind it.

a few people told me this was addictive but they didn't say how addictive, i think i might need an intervention.:innocent0

good thing i just got half a case, even better that i am going to order another case soon, huh?

:needpics:

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I think you're forgetting something

"I don't live in the city":innocent0

Attachments

• SKS 002.jpg
      SKS 002.jpg
      14 KB · Views: 198

ke3gk

HAM from U.N.C.L.E.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    Yeah, you really can't blame that purchase on the C&R - but it does contribute somewhat to your spending by just knowing that you have it.

km04

Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I think you're forgetting something

"I don't live in the city":innocent0

you are NEVER going to let me live that down, are you? i know i wouldn't if i were you. i'll have time to plot and plan to get you back, i plan on giving you enough rope to hang yourself...

i will get pics up of the one i picked up last week, they are waayyyyy over due.

km04

Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    You didn't need a C&R to buy that rifle... Now when you do the same thing, but on the internet, then you can blame it on the C&R. lol

i know, the sad part is, my C&R HASN'T arrived yet. if this is what i have to look forward too, i need to burn that thing as soon as it arrives!!!!! well a photocopy of it anyway, if i burn the original i would just prolong the wait!!!!:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    I just couldn't help myself, a 1958 pre 29 S&W 44 Mag! Go ahead punk, make my day! Can you imagine this showing up in the mail???
    A C&R is a wonderful thing!

Attachments

• DSC00147.jpg
      DSC00147.jpg
      66.8 KB · Views: 143
    • DSC00148.jpg
      DSC00148.jpg
      69.1 KB · Views: 142

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    I drool every time I see that pic!

And congrats on the Mosin!

Just wait 'till you get a rifle or handgun in the mail, to me the first was special... I'll never forget my first K31 that big brown dropped off, still brings a tear to my eye.....

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I'll leap over 4MD's pics - (nice gun BTW). Still waiting to see km04's pics of his new toy since it's his thread.

Being a C&R licensee can bring many happy returns over time. It's definitely an addiction that has no cure. One need's a "fix" often. That's how our funds deplete and our safes get bigger...don't ask me how I know. :innocent0

km04...get those pics posted soon! We C&R folks also feed on seeing other's new toys. :D

Again, no need to have a C&R to buy most rifles here in MD, but it's OK to blame it for your addiction.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    If you use your C&R with your local dealer, you don't have to do the paperwork or background check. It's just a transfer between dealers.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    If you use your C&R with your local dealer, you don't have to do the paperwork or background check. It's just a transfer between dealers.

Yes and no. Some MD FFL01's will run a NICS. I don't have a problem with them doing a CYA on a transaction.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    I believe (correct me if I am wrong) a C&R pistol transction within MD requires the standard paperwork and waiting period. From outside MD it's simple. At least that's been my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom