• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    You might want to check your blog entry on your web page for spelling and grammatical errors. There are a few missing words. Trivial I know, but it may give off a bad impression.

Good advice. If you are going to be a politician, you need to have multiple people carefully read everything that you post publicly. It needs to correctly represent your views, and it needs to be technically correct (spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc.) so you make a good impression. Otherwise, you can "aspect" to get beaten up for the errors.

+1, I was thinking the same thing when I read it.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Have you seen the numbers as a whole state?

2,050,325 Democrats
    948,054 Republicans

I know a lot people has change to DINO, but not that many.

It's all about districts for General Assembly, in that sense. Same thing, on a smaller scale, for CC seats. Statewide offices, not nearly as big a deal, but it's still going to be about turnout.

In PG's D6, it's an uphill climb, to say the least.

R1125

Apr 11, 2013
    Frederick
    It's all about districts for General Assembly, in that sense. Same thing, on a smaller scale, for CC seats. Statewide offices, not nearly as big a deal, but it's still going to be about turnout.

In PG's D6, it's an uphill climb, to say the least.

True. Still posible.

Best of luck to the OP

robertt822

Apr 10, 2013
    Laurel
    As a PG resident what part is 6, I live in Laurel which I believe is district 1 and would love to help but have a writing learning disorder

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    For the political savvy, I am looking for some advice. If you can lend some brain-power my way, I’d appreciate it. I just did my norm and went against the grain, pushed uphill and went where the odds are against me. I registered as a republican candidate for county council in the un-gunfriendly Prince Georges County. For those that believe, I could use your prayers, now that I am one of those “politicians.” I aspect to get beat up by the liberal media for my gun activism, friendships with you and all that crap. I am hoping to at least have a solid base of freedom lovers here though, whether you give me a dime or not. Your honest support would mean a lot to me. I know I am not all of that and a bag of brass.

I have come to realize that, while there is much to dislike and doubt about the “political class,” the most effective way to me though after all I have done is to be an active participant. I do windows too.

While some might think a County Council seat is a minor office, (i am trying to get in locally and work this thing for the long haul. I am determined to bring my strong core values to the PG County damn the past and protect our liberty.
    And while this is just a local race, it has ramifications that could be far reaching. You know me.

I am depending on this community to kick-start this campaign and put me in a position to win the general election. I invite all lovers of liberty to join me in this small, but important skirmish in the Free State, with an eye toward returning some substance to that nickname.

If you are up for it, hit me back at kenn@blanchard2014.org or leave me a message at 888-675-0202

your brother in the struggle,

Kenn
    http://blanchard2014.org

As a PG county resident I can say with great enthusiasm "YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT!". Do you have a website set up? Where can funds be sent to support your candidacy? I am working on adding outbound links to my company website and would be happy to link to your campaign.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Truthfully I shouldn't be putting anything up without a second set of eyes on the site. Who's available to commit to that position for me, for the next 9 months?

If you want to email posts to me prior to putting them up I can spell/grammar check them and return them in short order.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    Kenn,

As one who lived in D-6 for 30 yrs I can say you have an uphill battle, but you have my support. I'm familiar with you book. Wish you well & good luck. Be yourself, but think about the wishes of your future constituents.

This is actually a rather conservative voting district so they'll be watching for any "outrageous" comments.

"Without struggle there can be no progress." Frederick Douglas

Oct 25, 2007
    its always something.

the Blanchard Campaign could use a talented "researcher" to pull up stuff and send to me that I can shine the spotlight on for PG County as it relates to my opponent or any shenanigans that need some light.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    You might want to check your blog entry on your web page for spelling and grammatical errors. There are a few missing words. Trivial I know, but it may give off a bad impression.

Why, most in PG county wouldn't notice. Hell, for that matter most in America wouldn't notice, nor care. Have you seen how the young post messages on forums?
    Also don't forget that you will be accused of being judgmental by the left. :sad20:

Venge

Dec 6, 2013
    Frederick Co.
    I've read your webpage. You have a good bit of potential political currency! Good luck to you.

Now, about the grammar...

Being able to write well is critical for making a good impression. Even though the average Marylander has the linguistic skill and reading comprehension of the average six-year-old worldwide, all it takes is for one publication to use the dreaded "[sic]" in a quote. Suddenly, no one takes you seriously.

Of course, they only do that when there's a candidate they don't like. If you run in Maryland on a pro-gun platform, they aren't going to like you.

Find a proofreader, or even a writer. In fact, I'd find two or three. In my experience, about half of all people who consider themselves grammatically proficient are mistaken, even when their friends agree. If you get two or three people to write and review for you, it's more likely that your presentation will be honest, intelligent and informative.

Also, typos happen to the BEST writers. Having multiple reviewers helps with that, too.

I don't want to be too forward, or rude, but if you're serious about this, you need to take my advice right away. With the writing you're presenting now, I can't take you seriously. The "not a politician" thing isn't going to get you very far if people perceive you as incapable or inexperienced in life and leadership. You can't leave what you have online as it is, because anyone who sees your website now will not take you seriously and won't come back to your website even once you've fixed it.

Once you have these things, you can define and articulate your platform in a way that can start to resonate with people. You can't win, or even compete, any other way.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I've read your webpage. You have a good bit of potential political currency! Good luck to you.

Now, about the grammar...

Being able to write well is critical for making a good impression. Even though the average Marylander has the linguistic skill and reading comprehension of the average six-year-old worldwide, all it takes is for one publication to use the dreaded "[sic]" in a quote. Suddenly, no one takes you seriously.

Of course, they only do that when there's a candidate they don't like. If you run in Maryland on a pro-gun platform, they aren't going to like you.

Find a proofreader, or even a writer. In fact, I'd find two or three. In my experience, about half of all people who consider themselves grammatically proficient are mistaken, even when their friends agree. If you get two or three people to write and review for you, it's more likely that your presentation will be honest, intelligent and informative.

Also, typos happen to the BEST writers. Having multiple reviewers helps with that, too.

I don't want to be too forward, or rude, but if you're serious about this, you need to take my advice right away. With the writing you're presenting now, I can't take you seriously. The "not a politician" thing isn't going to get you very far if people perceive you as incapable or inexperienced in life and leadership. You can't leave what you have online as it is, because anyone who sees your website now will not take you seriously and won't come back to your website even once you've fixed it.

Once you have these things, you can define and articulate your platform in a way that can start to resonate with people. You can't win, or even compete, any other way.

Some good advice there.

I would offer, but have too many plates spinning right now.

synuepka

Mar 1, 2013
    the Blanchard Campaign could use a talented "researcher" to pull up stuff and send to me that I can shine the spotlight on for PG County as it relates to my opponent or any shenanigans that need some light.

Is this a start?

PG County County Council District Voters by Party Affiliation using recent voter registration database:

Democrats 68,617
    Republicans 2,983
    Unaffiliated 6,295
    Others 2,017
    Total 79,912

The only Democratic candidate registered with the state at this time in District 006 is Pierre Richard Augustin. His business, AdMerk.mobi, has at various points in its existince claimed to be: a taxi service, a private medical transport service, a private flight service, a private medical flight service, and most recently a "security" firm which appears to act as some sort of referral service to other companies.

Further digging into the business shows it is associated with the address 3941 Fairview Dr, Fairfax, VA 22031, which is a residence Pierre Augustin purchased in 2003. He does not appear to own any property (my property record cache is a bit dated at the moment) in MD, but does rent a small condo in Largo, MD for <$2,000/mo. This is what enables him to claim MD residency, register to vote in MD, and ultimately run for County Council. Is a possible avenue of attack, though a long shot given the overwhelming number of democrats.

There is a strong possibility the phone number his campaign is using is VoIP as it is currently held by Level 3 Communications - increasing the possibility that he does primarily reside in the state of Maryland.

No court records in MD for himself or his family. Further digging is required to determine if he has any vehicles registered in MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom