• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DSC729

Aug 18, 2012
    Mo County
    Any Damascus Izaak Walton Leauge members here? Need to find a good place to shoot near me that doesnt require purchasing their ammo.

FI$H

Oct 11, 2011
    I belong to USA Damascus, pm me if you have any questions.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    100 yards

Details here: http://www.damascusiwla.org

"Our Izaak Walton League of America Chapter is called "The Wildlife Achievement Chapter, Inc." We are located at 26430 Mullinix Mill Rd., Mt Airy, Md. 21771 near Damascus, Maryland.

We have many family activities at the Wildlife Achievement Chapter. Our chapter has 93+ acres of beautiful land in northern Montgomery County. Chapter programs include conservation, wildlife and environmental activities along with a 100 yard rifle range, 50 yard pistol range, air rifle program and range, youth activities, Boy Scouts, skeet & trap & 5 stand sporting clays fields, regular Cowboy Action Shoots and lots of social events. Our many community oriented projects have assisted the town and citizens of Damascus in the areas of conservation, highway clean ups, Damascus Help, stream clean ups, scholarship programs, Hunter Safety, youth programs, recycling and wildlife habitat. With the exception of special events, training or sanctioned events, all of our rifle, pistol, air, archery and shotgun ranges are for members and their guest only, they are not open to the general public. Rifle and pistol ranges are open for members and their guest only from 10:00 AM to dusk (actual close time is posted on the registration box).
    "

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Thank you for the info. I'd be interested in talking some more after I close (hopefully) on a house on the edge of Damascus.

Thanks again.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I assume you'll have to get on a waiting list. Membership has been maxed out for the past two years.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****It's member renewal time now and some folks move away or don't renew, etc... Now might be a good time to inquire about membership. There should be some openings available now through like Jan 1st or so. There might be a waiting list so the sooner you get on it the sooner any openings available will reach you.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Don't forget the BCC IWL Chapter in Poolsville.
    I belonged to Damascus in the eighty's and it was a nice club then. I would think its the same now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom