• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pumperp5

Feb 19, 2010
    Upperco
    So my father gets a phone call a few weeks ago from one of his distant uncles. He see's this uncle once a year tops. His uncle tells him that he's getting up in years and will soon be in the graces of god. So he tells him that ive got something I want you to have before I die. So dad meets up with him one evening and his uncle springs this on him.

Ruger 22 Cal Single-Six in 22 Mag only. This thing is badass. I dont think its ever been shot.

7-30-10 013.jpg

The serial # puts it as a 1970 model.
    7-30-10 008.jpg

Just holding it makes you feel like putting on a cowboy hat. I love it. Shame its not mine. (yet) I told dad that will fit real nice in his will to me. hehehe.
    7-30-10 037.jpg

If I can wrangle it away from him one weekend, i'll get a range report on it.
    It doesnt have the extra 22 LR chamber with it. Any ideas on where I can get one and how much.

Moral of the story... When that annoying relative calls, answer the phone. You never know.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Most awesome. Call Ruger, give them the SN and they should be able to fit it for a .22lr.

mcsurgeon

Jun 10, 2009
    catonsville,md
    try to contact this guy, but what he is selling at rugerforum is for the new model single six, i believe you have the old model, nothing wrong if you try,grichie1940@embarqmail.com, hope this helps.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I just bought a blued single-six from PDI. It's got black plastic grps. I wonder if I can get wooden grips like these?

Mark C

Jul 6, 2008
    Gunbroker has cylinders and grips pretty regularly. According to the guys at rugerforum.com, all you need to do is measure the length of your cylinder and find a new one that matches. Not quite as hard to match up as it may sound, supposedly. Haven't gotten around to buying a 22mag cylinder for mine yet, but it's on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom