• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Did anyone go out to help Terry on Saturday?

Yes. I had to work all day so I wasn't there, but they had 3 or 4 teams out there. We spend 2 hours last night delivering yard signs. Besides the Hogan people, Nic Kipke was there along with his wife and mother.

It's pretty awesome watching Terry talk to complete strangers and seeing them end up hugging her. Then they greet her with a hug when she delivers the signs.

Mr H

Banana'd
    out today with Tim Walters and his team today...

Some serious troopers, working themselves to the bone in some pretty oppressive heat to spread the message.

If Tim works half this hard in Annapolis, it'll still be twice as hard as the folks in there now!

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    If you get some time, could you give me a call sometime between 9 and noon today???

Was this directed at me or Matlack? I see you went out with Tim. If you want to join Terry some Saturday let me know. She is always looking for volunteers.

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    District 32 Candidate asking for your assistance

All,

I am challenging you to get behind me, Tim Walters in District 32 and Terry DeGraw in District 31A. Put your effort behind us. Vet us. Look us in the eyes and see what we are about. Pick the two of us and two others and put your money and time behind us. That little bit can make a difference and make you a voice that people seek.

Seriously, donate to Citizens for Tim Walters and Terry's Committee (I do not know what it is). Whether you live in our District or not support us. Then get together and pick two others. You have the numbers and resources to make the difference for us.

I have "Another Democrat for Walters" and Veteran for Walters" bumper stickers (as well as plain Walters bumper stickers). IM me your address and I will mail it to you. But we need funds and volunteers. If we each had 8 people show up per candidate on a weekend to drop literature it WOULD make a difference.

I just realized last night that I missed spending almost any time with my granddaughter this summer. She lives in my neighborhood and is my best friend. I am giving up yet more family time (retired Navy with 7 years as a geo bachelor) for all of us. Please do not let this be wasted.

We can make a difference. We get in then we do this again in four more years and put in four more. We will be able to make a difference on 2A...

Daggo66 is correct. Voting is not enough. We must organize and fight an asymmetric fight.

Tim Walters
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com
    waltersfor32.com
    Facebook: Citizens for Tim Walters

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Mr H

Banana'd
    As is looks as of this minute (and please correct me if there's something I'm missing), the D32 race is mainly one of Walters v Chang.

We need to keep in mind that Chang has been a mystery, even to some of his own "supporters", some of whom have blindly followed the "D" behind his name. The fact that he once ran as an "R" is irrelevant. It was a ploy because they saw we had building strength.

Make no mistake that Mark Chang truly does not represent our interests, whether it be 2A or any other principle. He is, plain-and-simple, an Ed DeGrange supplicant, and will follow the party line.

Tim is battling hard for all of us. But, we need to back him now... not wait until he's in office to ask, "What have you done for me lately?"

If we blow this chance (and also with many other candidates out there), we will have missed a golden opportunity toward taking back our home.

Please... Stop asking for results first for your conditional support. This really is that critical.

As it stands right now, without our support for Tim, Mark Angell, Joe Fioravante, and Larry Barber in the GA, we will have another round of the same.

Disclaimer: I have no formal association with any Candidate Committee, beyond that of citizen and occasional volunteer/donor.

Last edited:

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    A first year delegate will mainly be learning the ropes. They will co-sponsor bills to get their feet wet and learn the process, but they will not be changing things and re-inventing the wheel despite and claims they might make.

They will be casting votes on important issues. This is where things get critical for us. Do you want someone who will vote as their constituents want them to or someone who will simply toe the party line?

In the end a "conservative" dem will support the party line no matter what.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    A first year delegate will mainly be learning the ropes. They will co-sponsor bills to get their feet wet and learn the process, but they will not be changing things and re-inventing the wheel despite and claims they might make.

They will be casting votes on important issues. This is where things get critical for us. Do you want someone who will vote as their constituents want them to or someone who will simply toe the party line?

In the end a "conservative" dem will support the party line no matter what.

I would argue against the first part of your statement for a variety of reasons. In any job you are required to be capable of immediately being productive. You typically get 2 weeks to "get your feet wet" and then you have to be able to complete your tasks. Same goes for political positions of any range. A first term delegate, or even the POTUS, should be able to do their job almost immediately. The incumbents want us to believe that only a seasoned politicians can do their jobs, hence they should keep theirs. This a fallacy that they perpetrate and said with enough regularity that people begin to believe it. Our own delegates (Beidle, Sophocleus, and DeGrange) say it takes at least 4 years to learn how to do the job, this is BS. Anyone can do this job. You give me a mentally challenged monkey with rabies and I can train it to be a superb politician. Its really not that difficult of a job despite what they tell you. Most of their work gets delegated off to others anyways. The biggest difficulty is trying to change the environment we have in politics. For that we need to have a large turnover or someone who can lead the change; change is difficult for most people to accept after all.

I agree with the rest of your statement.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I didn't say "first term", I said "first year". There is a process to writing a bill. Of course they will be able to "complete their tasks" right away. Read what I wrote again.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I didn't say "first term", I said "first year". There is a process to writing a bill. Of course they will be able to "complete their tasks" right away. Read what I wrote again.

Yeah I kinda blended two things. What you said and what my "law makers" say. Though I would argue still that a first year delegate should be able to do their job in its entirety within 2 weeks. They offer first term delegates and introduction class right after the election and before the start of the term.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just a reminder...

If anyone needs anything from any of the candidates (regardless of what district you're in)... flyers, yard signs, big signs, time... do not hesitate to let them know.

Or, if you think someone here can connect you with them or provide it, post up! Donations matter, too!

The push begins now!

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I went walking with Tim Walters today. What a great day. The last time I went Mr. H went with us also. Today was fantastic. We got at least 14 signs put up. Everyone we spoke with was very receptive. His message resonates with pretty much everyone. Even from my perspective it is absolutely amazing to watch him talk to people. We havent had a candidate like Tim up here in a very long time. I am humbled to be able to help him.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Went out walking today with Tim Walters, and though it was a pretty productive morning, I'm saddened that we only had a small handful of people out there, and only covered about a third of what was hoped for.

I am hoping that we can get more people involved on a more regular basis, and really drive home the fact that the incumbents in D32 are doing nothing but follow the Administration's wishes, and holding on to the power for themselves.

Ted and Ed, as many mentioned today, are "past it" (my summation), and flat out need to go. DeGrange holds sway over far too much of what happens privately in the county, and needs to be shown the croquet field.

Beidle (my Pen Pal;)) is nothing more than a disingenuous shill, and has lied about 120 times too many... Anyone who professes they support you (See my vote?!), but did everything they could behind the scenes to screw you (see her procedural votes), has got to go.

Chang. Oh, where to begin... Lives with his parents. Has never had any personal success. Worked for DeGrange for years. Ran as an R last time to try and placate the masses. Running as a D this time because "It's the only way to win, here" (translation: "The incumbent slate has the power I want")... A non-starter, IMO

Please... D32 (and the Martymandered 31A) is the linchpin to many of the things that need to happen. Get behind the guys and gals who CAN get to Analpolis, make some noise, and begin to shift the state back to something we can be proud of. It won't be quick, but it has to start here.

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    ADS fundraiser with Larry Pratt as the guest speaker

All,

On Monday, 13 October we Annapolis Defense and Security is providing three training sessions in personal self defense (Armed). They are leading experts in tactical training and home defense. They will walk people through the basics culminating in training with simulated munitions in a home style environment.

The day will culminate with a VIP event. Mr. Larry Pratt, Executive Director of Gun Owners of America will be the guest speaker. Mr. Pratt is an active advocate for our rights.

Please spread word of the vent far and wide. Seats are limited and filling fast. Flyer is attached.

Tim Walters
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com
    waltersfor32.com
    Facebook: Citizens for Tim Walters

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Citizens for Tim Walters
    Treasurer: Brittany Kohler

Attachments

• ADS fundraiser, final.docx
      59.8 KB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads