• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theneckie

Jun 7, 2013
    Queen Anne
    I know it's apples to oranges but I'm stuck between a glock 35 gen 4 or a cz75

sp01 tactical. Its sole pourpose is to punch paper. Both feel great in the hand,

and both are supposedly great guns. Please help.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    part of your consideration should be the price and availability of stuff for your gun - mags, holsters, mag pouches, sights, etc. i'm guessing glock wins pretty easily for that, but reliability, accuracy, ergo's and personal feel are a big part of the equation.

theneckie

Jun 7, 2013
    Queen Anne
    I have shot several glocks, but never a cz I have handled them and it just feels nice. I haven't found anyone local that has a cz to shoot.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    When I shoot Glocks, 1911's, or the S&W Shield, I have to tilt my wrist forward in an awkward manner to see the front sight. My CZ's just are on target when I aim them down range. I know it's just ergonomics for me. How is it for you?

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I prefer the CZ.....
    It's personal preference, but I'd take a CZ.
    I'm a little biased but, CZ would be my choice
    I have an SP01 Tactical--- it's like butta.
    Have you shot both?
    I say CZ. But it's what you like best.
    CZ all day long. Better trigger and ergonomics.
    When I shoot Glocks, 1911's, or the S&W Shield, I have to tilt my wrist forward in an awkward manner to see the front sight. My CZ's just are on target when I aim them down range. I know it's just ergonomics for me. How is it for you?
    I'm with these guys and once I discovered how well they fit and point, I ended up with a half dozen.
    part of your consideration should be the price and availability of stuff for your gun - mags, holsters, mag pouches, sights, etc. i'm guessing glock wins pretty easily for that, but reliability, accuracy, ergo's and personal feel are a big part of the equation.
    Good point on the parts/mags, but many/most of these items are one time purchases. Glock does have a great deal more accessories available for it, but the fact that I cannot get a Serpa for my CZ doesn't bother me much.

Reliability is critical, but both guns under discussion, if unmodified, share a very good track record for reliability.

Accuracy is important, although the average pistolero doesn't exploit the precision inherent to most handguns anyway. We would bicker over machine rest results amounting to fractions of an inch, then take it out and shoot 2" groups at 15 yards by hand...

Ergonomics are extremely important to a defensive handgun and that's what really sold me on the CZs. They simply point where I'm looking. Effortless. Other folks have the same feel for Blocks....er...Glocks.

theneckie

Jun 7, 2013
    Queen Anne
    I consider my self a novice shooter, I really just want reliability and comfort. I had been leaning towards the cz now I think it's a sure thing.

Feb 28, 2013
    I know it's apples to oranges but I'm stuck between a glock 35 gen 4 or a cz75

sp01 tactical. Its sole pourpose is to punch paper. Both feel great in the hand,

and both are supposedly great guns. Please help.

Well, I do see one potential issue here.

You say this hog leg will be strictly a range toy. But human nature bein' what it is I'd hafta disagree. I'd think after ya shoot this thing fer a bit you might wanna adopt it as more of a defensive tool. In that case I'd say ya want what fits ya better.

But if'n that ain't the case I'll shut up now. :o

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    I own both, been moving out the Glocks for CZ's, seem to like a metal gun over polymer currently.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461455539.876590.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461455539.876590.jpg
      118.5 KB · Views: 516
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW