• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    CZ EVO3 Scorpion AK Style Safety Selector - pics added

Just ordered one of these "AK Style" safety selector levers instead of the safety delete button. Shipping was $3 and they take Paypal. Total with shipping was $31.90. Full pics on page 2

http://www.hbindustries.net/#!product-page/cjio/7c3fae63-4668-a379-a8d0-fd795953840b

index_zpshxtzfkzo.jpg

index%202_zpsrtz3ht6p.jpg

Last edited:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I was just going to take a dremel to mine but this looks like a good solution. Did no one at CZ actually shoot this thing before they released it?

Great gun, God awful safety switch.....

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    And the trigger isn't any better. Anyone seen anything to improve it yet ??

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    Did no one at CZ actually shoot this thing before they released it?

I wondered the exact same thing. You don't even need to shoot it, just hold it for a while, to realize what an ergonomic disaster that safety is! :sad20: I will say they were pretty damn quick to put the solution on the market, so that was good.

And the trigger isn't any better. Anyone seen anything to improve it yet ??

Funny, I just posted in the MPX thread here about this issue. I'm still looking for a trigger solution. This is a pretty commonly mentioned issue so hoping CZ listens to its customers and responds quickly with a solution like they did with the safety. Maybe next week I'll call CZ customer service and see what they think/know about this.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I have installed this safety and it turned what was a terrible safety feel into the best safety of all of my guns. This is a major improvement.
    The longer lever gives you just the right amount of leverage to make it second nature. The reason why the original safety bites is because the gun was meant to be shouldered which changes the way you hold the grip clearing the safety from digging in.

In regards to the trigger CZ customs has made a prototype that is going into production shortly. Cajun Gun Works has disassembled the trigger pack and are in the process of making a trigger as well. Keep in mind that the trigger sucks because it's a battle trigger that is made for full auto use.

Parker Mountain Machine should be coming out with their QD attachment this week.

There is also a new grip that is going to be sold shortly.

Everyone is in a race to produce parts for this gun and I think it's going to be well supported even more so then the MPX.

Last edited:

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Sorry to hijack this thread, but the Scorpion just caught my eye as I'm in the market for a 9mm that I can SBR. Would this make it into that category, or is it gonna be to short here in Marylandistan?

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    It's still too short.
    There is another Scorpion thread where some guy in PA is going to make a longer butt stock to make legal length. I think Duffy's has some tricks on the muzzle end to make length.

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    I ordered one last Monday and received it on Thursday. Works as designed, CZ should have used a similiar design.

How was swapping it out? I think there's a Youtube vid on how do pull the old safety off and swap it out, but curious to hear your first hand experience.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    How was swapping it out? I think there's a Youtube vid on how do pull the old safety off and swap it out, but curious to hear your first hand experience.

Maybe I can help with my experience.

The job is straight forward. Remove the trigger housing from the gun and place the lever in the position where you can see the tiny hex bolt. Take a 1.5mm hex key and remove the bolt. It will be very long and you might encounter some resistance like mine if it has a bit of lock tight on it. Pop off the safety, place in the new safety and screw in the hex bolt.

There are two videos that show you how and I suggest watching before attempting to do it.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I just heard that CGW might be coming out with a trigger spring kit.
    There is also an extended charging handle in the works.

This gun is a diamond in the rough and just needs a bit of customization to get it right but so far except for some magazine feed lip issues the gun is a solid performer and has shown to be quiet reliable.

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    Maybe I can help with my experience.

The job is straight forward. Remove the trigger housing from the gun and place the lever in the position where you can see the tiny hex bolt. Take a 1.5mm hex key and remove the bolt. It will be very long and you might encounter some resistance like mine if it has a bit of lock tight on it. Pop off the safety, place in the new safety and screw in the hex bolt.

There are two videos that show you how and I suggest watching before attempting to do it.

This 100%....... 5 minute tops.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    You guys do realize that this firearm was made for combat, not target shooting....right?

Yeah, it was designed as a SMG and we didn't get that version either:lol2: When they made changes to make it a semi pistol, is it TOO much to ask for a safety selector that doesn't poke a hole in your finger or a better trigger? HK made the PSG pack afterall.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Even the HK MP-5 auto trigger pack is horrendous. I would imagine a lot of has to do with real world combat trigger control.

The gun is not perfect ergonomically out of the box which is a blessing in disguise because it can now be made with so many options to address it's shortcomings and make it better as we have seen with this safety. The gun mechanically is perfect in operation and reliability. It looks like CZ has taken a page from the UMP and chambered it in 9mm.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Even the HK MP-5 auto trigger pack is horrendous. I would imagine a lot of has to do with real world combat trigger control.

The gun is not perfect ergonomically out of the box which is a blessing in disguise because it can now be made with so many options to address it's shortcomings and make it better as we have seen with this safety. The gun mechanically is perfect in operation and reliability. It looks like CZ has taken a page from the UMP and chambered it in 9mm.

My Mp5 has about half the trigger resistance of my Evo 3. Maybe I have the extreme trigger model lol. Like the gun. Don't mind the safety. Can't stand the trigger. I'd be tickled if it was the same as the mp5 or sig MPX

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    My Mp5 has about half the trigger resistance of my Evo 3. Maybe I have the extreme trigger model lol. Like the gun. Don't mind the safety. Can't stand the trigger. I'd be tickled if it was the same as the mp5 or sig MPX

I don't know for sure but I will comment on the MP-5 auto trigger pack vs the semi auto as I had the chance to try them side by side and it was a big difference. However both were still better then the scorpions.
    I don't think we will have to wait too long for the CZ customs version. Apparently the few customers that tried the prototype said it was outstanding at 3.5 pounds with a crisp break. I just hope the reset is extremely short. As bad as the trigger is it still surprises me how accurate the gun is without being shouldered.

Last edited:

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Please keep us updated on the new triggers. I do like mine. And wouldn't have bought it if I didn't see the value and quality in it. So I'm not throwing in the towel on it. Just feel a enhancement would greatly improve on a already nice platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom