• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daddyursus

Trusted Shellback
    Jan 11, 2013
    In a van down by the river
    Yep, nothing new here. CZ82/83 mags are interchangeable.

Well yeah, you and I know that but maybe someone new might like that info.

Anyways, I posted the link in case anyone wanted to know where the 10rd mags could be bought. At least one of these will be needed to sell a CZ-82 here in Maryland without the hassle of crossing state lines to transfer the 12 rd magazines

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Well yeah, you and I know that but maybe someone new might like that info.

Anyways, I posted the link in case anyone wanted to know where the 10rd mags could be bought. At least one of these will be needed to sell a CZ-82 here in Maryland without the hassle of crossing state lines to transfer the 12 rd magazines

Actually anyone who's done their due diligence on the CZ 82's knows about the interchangeability. These mags show up on occasion because of the few states that have mag size limits. I've seen them on Gunbroker,etc sometimes.

Daddyursus

Trusted Shellback
    Jan 11, 2013
    Actually anyone who's done their due diligence on the CZ 82's knows about the interchangeability. These mags show up on occasion because of the few states that have mag size limits. I've seen them on Gunbroker,etc sometimes.

With all due respect Colonel, I had two objectives when I created this thread:

1. Post a link where the 10rd magazines could be obtained

2. Offer objective evidence that I have used this magazine in my 82/83's

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Thanks to the OP

It's nice to know about this option and a place to purchase some if needed.
    I stocked up on CZ-82 mags when I bought 2 of them in the past year, so don't need any, but thanks for the heads-up.

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg

:thumbsup: Objectives met.

There are a few parts between the 82/83 that aren't interchangeable, but most are. The slide stop springs are not. You can't install an 83 spring in an 82 without some drilling. I think Norm Sutton does sell replacement 82 springs, however. (You can't get any 82 parts from CZ, only 83.) Likewise, the mag release components are completely different on the two pistols, as is, obviously, the trigger guard.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

No offense intended, it's just that there are already easily-available resources here in the forum out there- here's one for example that mentions both Numrich and Midway and lots of other good advice for CZ 82's; likely most of us keep both bookmarked for parts. Search is your friend

http://mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=123443&highlight=cz82+magazines

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I've heard decent things about these. The thing is, the spring is the EXACT same spring as a unaltered one, so if you can remove the block (which would be a felony unless you sold it to a friend out of state, who did this, and then sold it back to you, out of state, and then you drove it back home with you) the magazines function perfectly.

That said, the way they come the 10th round is literally nearly impossible to get in the mag, even using a maglula mag loader, and then even if it does go in, you can't seat the full mag into the gun without literally SMASHING it against the table, and if you get THAT far, it won't strip the first round out of the mag.

So yeah, just load nine or get some regular mags.

Daddyursus

Trusted Shellback
    Jan 11, 2013
    I've heard decent things about these. The thing is, the spring is the EXACT same spring as a unaltered one, so if you can remove the block (which would be a felony unless you sold it to a friend out of state, who did this, and then sold it back to you, out of state, and then you drove it back home with you) the magazines function perfectly.

That said, the way they come the 10th round is literally nearly impossible to get in the mag, even using a maglula mag loader, and then even if it does go in, you can't seat the full mag into the gun without literally SMASHING it against the table, and if you get THAT far, it won't strip the first round out of the mag.

So yeah, just load nine or get some regular mags.

And yet another reason I always appreciate your postings and comments.

The great thing about getting older is:

1. You've learned from your mistakes

2. You can learn from others experiences

The truth is I've never tried to load the 10rd. Magazines to capacity. Since this state is so restrictive on CCW, I enjoy my CZs at the range. And I'm sure I'm like others that do the 5 rd load to keep the barrel cool before checking my shot placement. I WILL NOT try to test your post with trying to load 10rds. I Will not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom