• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Got a CZ 50 today and this will be going back for replacement. Double action just does not work well as the trigger will often slip and not cause the hammer to fall. The pistol has a lot of wear and scratching. Not a great piece. Has anyone run into this?

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I guess the first questions are who did you get it from and what was the advertised condition?

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Sounds like the sear is beginning to wear. Easily fixable, but depending on where you got it, if they'll replace it and that's what you want, do it.

I've got some pics on here of a CZ50 I tore down to the frame because of a sear that was basically sheared off.

If you do want to tear it down and need pics/have questions, let me know

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I got it from one of the big C&R retailers on the web and they were advertised as used and in fair condition. So I plan to send it back for a replacement. I thought these would be like the P64, but they don't seem to be so robust. I would buy another polish pistol. I do like the 32 ACP and have an old Colt auto around here someplace...

MotoJ

Sep 4, 2012
    Mobtown
    I got it from one of the big C&R retailers on the web and they were advertised as used and in fair condition. So I plan to send it back for a replacement. I thought these would be like the P64, but they don't seem to be so robust. I would buy another polish pistol. I do like the 32 ACP and have an old Colt auto around here someplace...

It's OK, you can say "Wideners"!. I'm glad you posted this. I was on the fence over these CZ50s. I might wait and see how your situation resolves. If they sell out first I won't feel as bad, either.

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Remember to only shoot European 7.65 ammo, not .32
    Every major Dealer including CZ list the CZ50 and CZ70 or if you please the VZOR50, as taking .32acp ammo, I fire Fiocchi 32 ACP 73gr Full Metal Jacket with no problem. Is there something I missed, am I unaware of an impending Kaboom, I've made mistakes before and if I did here I would like to keep my hands?

It's OK, you can say "Wideners"!. Just purcheses one from them for $200 on Auction Arms, came in at VG to excellent, they also sent a test result on the Pistol, Checking Headspace, Barrel condition, overall condition and they test fired the Gun. I thought this was great as Century, Aim, SOG and others always sent a AS IS, NO RETURNS. I'll buy from Wideners again, they didnt even mind that I lived in The Peoples Republic of Maryland.

Below is the .32acp Pistol list From Wikipedia.
    Prominent firearms chambered in .32 ACP
     Beretta M1935
     Beretta Model 70[12]
     Beretta Model 81 and 82
     Beretta 3032 Tomcat
     Colt Model 1903 Pocket Hammerless
     CZ-50  CZ-70
     CZ-83
     ČZ vz. 27
     FÉG 37M Pistol
     FÉG AP 765 Pistol[a]
     FN M1900
     FN Model 1910 and 1910/22
     Heckler & Koch HK 4 P11
     Kel-Tec P-32
     Llama Bufalo/Danton/Llama I/Llama X-A
     MAB Model D
     Mauser HSc
     Mauser Model 1934
     Radom P-83 Wanad
     Remington 51
     Ruby
     Sauer 38H
     Savage Model 1907
     Seecamp LWS 32
     SIG Sauer P230
     Škorpion vz. 61 Machine pistol
     Smith & Wesson Model 35
     Walther PP
     Walther PPK
     Webley & Scott M1905-M1908[13]
     Welrod
     Zastava M70

Thanks,
    Eddie O

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Remember to only shoot European 7.65 ammo, not .32

Read the label, Sled! (It's so rare to catch you in an error ... the lack of a C&R license must be taking a heavy mental and emotional toll!)

Attachments

• 32AP.jpg
      32AP.jpg
      27.9 KB · Views: 136

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek

It's OK, you can say "Wideners"!. I'm glad you posted this. I was on the fence over these CZ50s. I might wait and see how your situation resolves. If they sell out first I won't feel as bad, either.

Hopefully Widener's will make it right. They're usually pretty good to deal with. Actually the CZ-50 I got from Century a few weeks ago is in great shape. It was $20 more but better than its "very good" listing.

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Century is not as-is. I have returned one or two items to them.
    Same here, but normally that is the Salesman's call, I worked with Josh at Century and he did work out a return for me but the general rule is no.
    Mute point now as Century has now taken the position they will not sell to the Peoples Republic of Maryland.

Eddie O

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Same here, but normally that is the Salesman's call, I worked with Josh at Century and he did work out a return for me but the general rule is no.
    Mute point now as Century has now taken the position they will not sell to the Peoples Republic of Maryland.

Eddie O

I keep reading on this forum Century has taken that position. And, again, the notion is quite interesting. I ordered a CZ-50 online on 9/30 with no fanfare and it was delivered to my C&R on 10/10: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=133733

Josh and Keith are both good C/S reps at Century. Perhaps Century considers Garrett County to NOT be part of Marylandistan?
    :)

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Hopefully Widener's will make it right. They're usually pretty good to deal with. Actually the CZ-50 I got from Century a few weeks ago is in great shape. It was $20 more but better than its "very good" listing.

I tried to get one from Century last month, made the order and they would not ship to me. Because I am in MD, they wanted to ship it to a gun store. So I cancelled the order.

This is going back to Widener's today and hope to get a decent replacement.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I've shot all .32 ACP in my CZ-50 although the majority has been the Fiocchi--no problems with any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom