• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twanger

DINO and NRA Life
    Mar 4, 2013
    Poolesville
    Someone posted a link a few months ago about a sale on a Custom Built Arms upper with quadrail and 5.56 1:9 twist heavy fluted barrel. Came complete with BCG and charging handle.

I happened to be in the market, and took a chance.

The web-link is http://www.cbarms.com/uppers/asu017.html

Here's a picture of the complete gun using a Palmetto State Armory lower: SKU 1560M-1728.

I should mention that Lou at Shooter's Discount of Mt. Airy was kind enough to do the FFL transfer for me on the lower back in the spring. You rock Lou. :party29:

Here's the gun with a crappy Simmons scope on it.

556_build.JPG

Some detail of the lower, and a nice pre-October 20-round smoke mag. No guessing about how many rounds are in it.

556_mag_installed.JPG

Here's a 50 yard group with iron sights - the grid is an inch.
    I'll be the first to say that I could hardly see the danged target at 50 yards, and most likely all of this scatter is me. I have a 3-9X32 Leupold on the 6.8SPC upper that just might get put on this one so we can really see how well it shoots. I'm very encouraged, and spoiling to see how it groups with a decent scope!

The gun has run through about 150 rounds in two range sessions. I've only had a couple of miss-feeds, and these were probably my fault due to the brass catcher. I'm left handed and the brass catcher keeps empty rounds under control and away from my face.

So stay tuned... hoping to get to the range and burn a little more ammo soon.

556_group_open_sights.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom