• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    So,
    I just put my first CMP order in the mail today. I know they say it can take 120-180 days to be delivered. Does anyone know what the current turn around time actually is? Any recent Orderer and recipients out there ?

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I haven't yet received them, but I ordered an M1 Garand Service Grade HRA (Harrington & Richardson) Special (delivery estimated at 60-120 days) and one case of ammo on 3 Feb and they charged my credit card a few days ago. As I understand it, they run the charge just prior to shipment.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    My best advice is to go to the CMP's Forum and ck out the order timeline under the M1 Garand section. Usually all the rifles run about the same, but right now some like HRAs and in particular HRA specials are running faster because they have a stockpile of them.... faster then say folks like me who orderered as SA rifle before they went out of stock and are now on back order. Read throught he below link... all the info you could possible want on the timeline for rifles is there.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=28081

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    My best advice is to go to the CMP's Forum and ck out the order timeline under the M1 Garand section. Usually all the rifles run about the same, but right now some like HRAs and in particular HRA specials are running faster because they have a stockpile of them.... faster then say folks like me who orderered as SA rifle before they went out of stock and are now on back order. Read throught he below link... all the info you could possible want on the timeline for rifles is there.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=28081

What does DBU mean? I see it and think database backup unit :)

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    "We have received your order and are processing it. You will get your rifle in 60-90 days"

Also know as the DBU or Don't bug Us email.....

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I mailed my order for HRA Service grade on 2/1/14. Card charged on 3/6/14, shipped on 3/13/14, and it arrived yesterday 3/14/14 at 9:20 am.

I seem to be having a problem with my computer.

For some reason the photos you posted of your new rifle aren't showing up.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    The waiting/not knowing is the most difficult part for me. Hopefully I will get DBU email soon. LOL I am predicting oh... at least two weeks to a month to get the BDU email though.

CGrant726

Feb 24, 2009
    North Harford Co
    Can't get picture to post straight

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      48.4 KB · Views: 398

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I don't mean to be presumptuous, but here you go (I corrected the angle and tweaked the contrast a bit).
    And now that I can see it without twisting my neck, I like it even better. Love the colour. Again, well done!

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
      Image2.jpg
      67.7 KB · Views: 394

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    I know I am in for a long wait. But I send in my order form about two weeks ago. How does CMP generally contact you once they decide too process/acknowledge the order?

-Kevin

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    I know I am in for a long wait. But I send in my order form about two weeks ago. How does CMP generally contact you once they decide too process/acknowledge the order?

-Kevin

Mailed my order for a HRA Service Grade on 2/14
    Got my STFU email on 2/28
    Didn't hear another peep until they shipped it last friday.
    Arrives tomorrow, may just have to call in sick to work!

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Ok so...I can likely expect my STFU email here soon. :) BTW I am new to the world of Garands, Do you have you use a special type of 30-06 ammo with them or will any 30-06 ammo work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom