• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    LOL. Called today. Went into problem status today. I'm just glad they finally made it to my form. I should get the letter in the mail shortly, correct the issue, and get my stamp in early Jan! I'm pumped.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    LOL. Called today. Went into problem status today. I'm just glad they finally made it to my form. I should get the letter in the mail shortly, correct the issue, and get my stamp in early Jan! I'm pumped.

What was your pending date? Form 1 or 4?

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I noticed my check was cashed yesterday. My form 4's were sent on 12/8, and the check was cashed on 12/13. That seems quick. How long am I looking at after the check is cashed?

Checks are usually cashed immediately and that really doesn't mean too much in the way of when it will go pending. I suspect your form 4 will go pending after the holidays.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Called for status today...

Suppressor via Form 4 to a trust
    Pending: 6/26/12
    Approved: 12/14/12 :D
    Received: ??? (not yet) :(

SBR via Form 1 by a trust
    Pending: 6/25/12
    Error: "Needs additional description" as of 12/14/12 :mad54:

I would be willing to bet that they are confused because overall length does not correspond to barrel length because the forearm extends 5" beyond the end of the barrel (and a suppressor goes under the forearm), but I will see soon. The lady on the phone at the BATFE said that I had to wait for the letter to find out. Wonderful.

lockandload

Oct 26, 2012
    I got back from Iraq last Dec, I purchased several NFA items in FEB and got the approval letter in late September. Close to eight months. Oh, and I had to fly down to NC bc after I purchased them I came down on assignment to Md from Bragg.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I wrote form 1 previously, but it is actually a Form 4 DD MK18

Check cashed = 5/11/2012
    Pending = 6/7/2012
    Sent back for correction by dealer = 11/27/2012
    Found out about issue on = 12/13/2012
    (dealer never notified me about problem I just happened to call the NFA Branch and was told that it was sent back for correction)
    Corrected forms received by NFA = 12/17/2012
    Approved = 12/20/2012
    Forms Received =

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Interesting time lines.....

I'm waiting on my first form(s) 1 and 4 (can and SBR), via professional trust.

Based on NFA tracker my check cashed date (July 20) should lead to stamps received anywhere in the next month. Am I reading NFA tracker right?

I've never bothered to call them....

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville

Based on NFA tracker my check cashed date (July 20) should lead to stamps received anywhere in the next month. Am I reading NFA tracker right?

I just called today, took about two minutes. They needed the serial number, the dealer's name (for just the form 4), and my name. The current estimates from "pending" date for Dana Pickles is 135 days.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    SAhaf i

I think if I didn't have my forms kicked back I would have been approved on November 27th. NFA Tracker is good, but when it comes to our area you might want to add an extra two weeks to there calculations just to be safe. Also you can't really go off of the check cashed date. You should give them a call and get your pending date, which could be in August. Throw all of that in the tracker and see what you get.

sgtbilco

Nov 25, 2008
    Dropped my paper work off for an SD N6 back in June, won't mention the shop. Still not even pending in the system. Shop owner won't work with me to figure out what's wrong since he doesn't believe that calling NFA branch provides accurate info. Kinda sucks since it sounds like the form 4 has been misplaced. FML.

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    Dropped my paper work off for an SD N6 back in June, won't mention the shop. Still not even pending in the system. Shop owner won't work with me to figure out what's wrong since he doesn't believe that calling NFA branch provides accurate info. Kinda sucks since it sounds like the form 4 has been misplaced. FML.

Wow. That's jacked up. I went pending 10 days after my check was cashed. I'd be pissed if I were you.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Oo

You can call too!

sgtbilco

Nov 25, 2008
    Wow. That's jacked up. I went pending 10 days after my check was cashed. I'd be pissed if I were you.

Oh I am pissed and I have called Branch and they only have it on the form 2 or whatever it is transferring it from the manufacturer to the dealer.
    It sucks because I don't gain anything by telling him I want my money back and now I want to stick with it just to prove a point to him that I know what I am talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom