• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Apparently it's now 8-10 weeks from time they cash check till your in the system to be processed.

Just got off the phone with NFA Branch about 30 minutes ago.

I have one now that's already taken longer than that. Mailed 5/24, check cashed 5/31, and as of today it's still not pending. :mad54:

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I have one now that's already taken longer than that. Mailed 5/24, check cashed 5/31, and as of today it's still not pending. :mad54:

This is going to be a long wait. :sad20:

Sent out on the 21st, paid via USPS money order, so I don't know if or when they accepted payment.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I spoke with Chris Farris yesterday. I asked her about 2 SBR's I have in for a Trust that I submitted in early July. The check was cashed on 7/17 but they have not gone pending yet. I have suppressor that I put in in early March that went pending on 5/22. I was told by Chris that SBR's weren't affected by SB281 as far as she has been told (don't start on me here about this there is another thread regarding this if you want to disagree) and that I was looking December for my Suppressor and probably March/April for the SBRs.:mad54:

zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    Form send: 12/8/12
    check cashed: 12/12/12
    Pending: 1/4/2013
    Review (Waiting for final approval): 5/5/13
    Approved: 8/8/2013
    Stamped received: 8/19/13
    Waiting time from pending to approval: 7 months and 4 days

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Wooooo. Another month or two and I should have the F1 for my SBR. :D Check cashed date is 2/20

EDIT:
    OOps, not the SBR Form 1, the one for the suppressor. Got them mixed up. The SBR is 3/7

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda

Grrrr... getting mad. :mad54: This one is still not pending, and even better, it's officially lost! To put a cherry on top, I keep getting transfered to the voicemail of the one person who I'm told can help, but he refuses to pickup the phone or return the messages I have left. :mad54: :mad54: :mad54:

Not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Grrrr... getting mad. :mad54: This one is still not pending, and even better, it's officially lost! To put a cherry on top, I keep getting transfered to the voicemail of the one person who I'm told can help, but he refuses to pickup the phone or return the messages I have left. :mad54: :mad54: :mad54:

Road trip??

J/K, but that sucks for sure. This will be my first stamp, and now I can only hope they don't "lose" my application as well.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011

You should be there. I had a Form 4 go pending on 22 July with a check cashed date of 18 May.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010

Hang in there. Youre not at the point where you should start to worry yet. Right now forms are taking around 8 weeks to go Pending after the check has been cashed. Id be willing to bet yours goes Pending within the next week or two.

The reason they cant find it is because its not it the system yet. It wont be until it goes Pending. Right now its just sitting among other form1s & 4s, stacked into piles, sitting in boxes, lining a hallway, waiting for initial processing.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Hang in there. Youre not at the point where you should start to worry yet. Right now forms are taking around 8 weeks to go Pending after the check has been cashed. Id be willing to bet yours goes Pending within the next week or two.

The reason they cant find it is because its not it the system yet. It wont be until it goes Pending. Right now its just sitting among other form1s & 4s, stacked into piles, sitting in boxes, lining a hallway, waiting for initial processing.

I hope so, but I think it is really lost. After they heard my check cash date, they put me on hold and searched through the MD stack because it should have been pending weeks ago. They couldn't find it. :(

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    So, uhm...

I just called the NFA branch, and they don't have anything on file for my serial number. I sent the form 1 in February, check was cashed, but they don't have the serial number in the computer.

What do I do? Looks like they got my money, but lost my form.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Just got off the phone with some dude who looked it up via my trust name and the date the check cleared. I didn't get his name.

He said there was an error message in the system "serial number does not match database" and that they're sending the form back to me to correct whatever error is on it. He said the letter was mailed out on the 23rd.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda

This is getting absurd. I have left three messages for the guy referenced above and two for his supervisor and they refuse to call back!!! Does anyone have a friend on the inside who can at least get people to pay attention to me? I understand screwups sometimes happen, but not being able to talk to someone and fix it after trying for the better part of a three weeks is beyond upsetting.

EDIT - Just got a call... I guess they are working on it now.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    My form got mailed to the wrong address... I moved after starting the form 1, and sent a change of address. The change of address didn't get added to the form, so now I have to hope that the USPS will forward mail addressed to my trust. :(

Seems like it's the season for this.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    On the plus side of things, my Form 4 mailed on 1/11/13 was approved on 8/26/13... now the ever-so-long wait for the mail to come in. Looks like it will be right at 8 months door to door... A little over 2 months longer than I form I sent in six months earlier.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    First timer here.... *Subscribed to update later*

Dropped off Form 1 to CLEO - 08/30/13
    Received forms back from CLEO - **/**/**
    Forms sent to ATF - **/**/**
    Check cashed - **/**/**
    Pending - **/**/**

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    BATFE telling me still 90 days from Pending Approval to Approval yet I look on NFA Tracker and see folks that went pending after mine are getting their stamps now....weird.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom