• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just was notified (my) suppressor, purchased through The Silencer Shop, was form 3'ed to local GS(United Gun Shop) that I purchased 29 Sept. Anyone care to venture a guess on how much longer this will take before my form 4 is OK'd?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Just was notified (my) suppressor, purchased through The Silencer Shop, was form 3'ed to local GS(United Gun Shop) that I purchased 29 Sept. Anyone care to venture a guess on how much longer this will take before my form 4 is OK'd?

so THAT's what happens when you buy through silencershop. So glad I purchased directly from a lgs onto a form4.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    so THAT's what happens when you buy through silencershop. So glad I purchased directly from a lgs onto a form4.

LGS didn't have what I wanted. Form 4 went in the day(or within a day or two) I bought the can. We shall see...

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Form 4 went in the day(or within a day or two) I bought the can.

I don't think so. I've done many Form3 out of state transfers though a couple different shops. Local dealer must have it before the Form 4 is submitted. I have even bought from Silencer Shop before. They prob just sit on the form4 app until they get approval for the form3. I think they can submit it before the item ships though. They can prob even submit even before they receive the paperwork back if they know its been approved. Those could save a wk or more.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't think so. I've done many Form3 out of state transfers though a couple different shops. Local dealer must have it before the Form 4 is submitted. I have even bought from Silencer Shop before. They prob just sit on the form4 app until they get approval for the form3. I think they can submit it before the item ships though. They can prob even submit even before they receive the paperwork back if they know its been approved. Those could save a wk or more.

OK. Yeah, they say ''form 4 can be submitted to ATF several weeks before ordered items ship." Oh well. I tried calling but, they're closed now. It is what it is, I suppose. Thanks smdub.:)

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    My form 4 finally went through for the suppressor, hopefully my form 4 for the machine gun is just a few weeks behind that. Both are trusts and my weapon sits at the silencer shop in Texas.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Just submitted 3 eForm1's through my trust for SBR's last Friday Dec 4. I think mine will take a while because I think they are getting flooded due to the 41P date looming.

BLS27

May 1, 2015
    Mt. Airy
    SilencerCo Omega 30cal

Purchased from Silencer shop on 11/13
    Check cashed 12/7
    Shipped to Dealer/Form 3 Approval 12/29
    Approved :

Last edited:

UMD_Turtles

Jedi Master
    Form 4 Individual
    Submitted ~Oct 15
    Got a call from the gun shop Tuesday Dec 08 and they informed me that the entire packet came back because the credit card info could not be processed (bank sent me a new credit card with a smart chip and new number). I went down and fixed the credit card info that day.

Does this mean I go to the bottom of the pile and start the waiting process over again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JBIRD EST.1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom