• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Mine was directly between teeth.

Mine would hit a high spot and get stuck. Would not go into that last valley to lock the can on tightly. After I applied a couple of drops of Fire Clean and worked it around the inside of the suppressor over the ratchet piece, it went on fine and has worked perfect every time since.

Dave

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    AFAIK, the SDN6 doesn't need to be tight on that last tooth to align. The alignment is from the OD of the muzzle device to the ID of the suppressor. (I have an SDN6.) It just slightly disconcerting but doesn't hurt anything. I suspect thats why they're moving to a higher tooth count so minimize the rotation back to a tooth. The Saker (have one of those too) uses the taper of the mount and needs to ratchet down tight. It feels more comforting that it gets tight but the tapers can lock (google self locking tapers) and a piece of dirt/carbon can cause it to mount crooked. Both styles have pros/cons.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Time for you guys to hate on me a little more: form 3 faxed in on 2/18, approved on 3/23 (possibly earlier!). About 5 weeks door to door. This was for a M11/9 SMG.

Looking forward to doing the form 4 paperwork next week! :)
    Paperwork arrived today, and the seller shipped the gun immediately. :)

So, about 5.5 weeks in the end. Not bad at all, especially compared to what form 3s were running before.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    AFAIK, the SDN6 doesn't need to be tight on that last tooth to align. The alignment is from the OD of the muzzle device to the ID of the suppressor. (I have an SDN6.) It just slightly disconcerting but doesn't hurt anything. I suspect thats why they're moving to a higher tooth count so minimize the rotation back to a tooth. The Saker (have one of those too) uses the taper of the mount and needs to ratchet down tight. It feels more comforting that it gets tight but the tapers can lock (google self locking tapers) and a piece of dirt/carbon can cause it to mount crooked. Both styles have pros/cons.

Yup. According to AAC, you just tighten until the last "click". In between teeth is fine (I've emailed them for confirmation.)

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland

Thanks for this great info and I appreciate it but it not locking drove me nuts so I found a safe way to get it to lock up. Out of three muzzle devices it locked up tight out of the box on one.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Manticore stock, stormwerkz hinge, will determine perm attached brake or comp after mocking it up. Probably spikes dynacomp.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Thanks for this great info and I appreciate it but it not locking drove me nuts so I found a safe way to get it to lock up. Out of three muzzle devices it locked up tight out of the box on one.

This, I get lock up on my AAC Blackout brake, but not on the Blackout flash hider. I need to test a couple more mounts, but it's got me wondering is it just with the flash hiders? I do have a Brakeout 2.0, so I will report back once I get a chance to play around with it..........

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I have three brake outs. Two are 5/8x24 and the other is 1/2x28. One of the two 5/8x24s worked. I'm picking up a flashhider today. Well see how that works.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I haven't uploaded a video for basically a year and a half. Lol.

Three kids under three years old makes it a little difficult.

MMartini1969

NRA Member
    Jun 15, 2013
    Frederick
    Congrats!

If you don't mind me picking your brain. When submitting your form 1 did you add the muzzle device to the standard 10" barrel length. ( approx 12"). Or did you just give the OAL of 29" and leave it at that.

I am getting ready to submit one for myself and don't want any problems.

Thanks for your help.

My zastava m92pv SBR Form 1 was approved on 3/29. I submitted on 2/5.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    SOON YOU WILL BE MINE. Paperwork going out today, presumably.

Attachments

• m11 9mm.jpg
      m11 9mm.jpg
      44.5 KB · Views: 170

lamontjb

Aug 13, 2014
    ATF cashed my check on 01April2015 for my 762-SDN-6 Suppressor.

When it finally got to the local FFL, I was surprised it had come with a flash hider. I used the previous AAC rebate to pick up a muzzle brake. I'm not sure if all AAC suppressors come with flash hiders, but if they did and if I had known, I probably would have gone with the new 90 tooth system like the SR7.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    By flash hider are you talking about the mount? I have a 2 year old SDN-6 and there are 3 different mounts for it. The Blackout, The Brakeout and The Brake. They just discontinued the older mounts and now are only selling the newer model 2 mounts. At least that's what Midway told me when the $79 on sale mounts I had in my cart disappeared. Had to get the newer model for $100 which doesn't require timing so I'll now be able to compare them to my old mounts.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    This, I get lock up on my AAC Blackout brake, but not on the Blackout flash hider. I need to test a couple more mounts, but it's got me wondering is it just with the flash hiders? I do have a Brakeout 2.0, so I will report back once I get a chance to play around with it..........

Let us know please. I just ordered 2 of the 2.0, one for 5.56 and one for .308. I'll post as well. Seeing as how the 2.0 doesn't need to be timed they will be an easier installation than my old ones.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    The blackout is the flash hider. I picked one up from Duffy's to put on my Ruger American Ranch 300blk. My 762SDN6 locked up perfectly. Im now 2 for 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom