• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Hey, thanks to coinboy and everyone on here. I just got my 03 in the mail the other day. Curious thing though... Went to use it to buy a revolver online from a dealer out of state. He insists that it has to be shipped to an FFL (01 type, not a C&R) because it's a handgun. This seems contradictory to everything I've read on here, and pretty much defeats the point of me getting a C&R (so I don't have to pau transfer fees). Pretty annoying that my first purchase with it is such a hassle. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to handle this? Is there a document or something I can show him to prove its ok? Should I cancel the order and try to find the same gun elsewhere?

Always ask before hand if dealer will ship directly to a C&R holder. Some won't ship even to a Maryland FFL01. You could try giving them the MSP licensing division's phone number to ask directly but most won't bother.

SalemCat

Jan 10, 2013
    I live in Massachusetts. In our Forums we never post the names of Shipping Dealers because our Attorney General logs on every once in a while and harasses the Dealers. So almost no one ships to MA.

I'm not sure if your MD Attorney General is doing the same, but it may be wise to assume so.

Or do most think it's ok to post names here ?

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Hey, thanks to coinboy and everyone on here. I just got my 03 in the mail the other day. Curious thing though... Went to use it to buy a revolver online from a dealer out of state. He insists that it has to be shipped to an FFL (01 type, not a C&R) because it's a handgun. This seems contradictory to everything I've read on here, and pretty much defeats the point of me getting a C&R (so I don't have to pau transfer fees). Pretty annoying that my first purchase with it is such a hassle. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to handle this? Is there a document or something I can show him to prove its ok? Should I cancel the order and try to find the same gun elsewhere?

What revolver? Are you sure it is C&R Eligible?

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    I have 1894 H&R top break with a double strike in the name and serial number and a Colt 1903 {vintage 1913} double strike in the model name. Anybody have experience with that? Does it make the gun more valuable due to the defect?

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    I have 1894 H&R top break with a double strike in the name and serial number and a Colt 1903 {vintage 1913} double strike in the model name. Anybody have experience with that? Does it make the gun more valuable due to the defect?

I don't know the answer, but you'll have more luck if you start your own thread rather than posting at the end of this one. :) You can also delete your post here after you've done that.

SalemCat

Jan 10, 2013
    Anyone have any idea what the current wait time on the C&R from ATF is? I put it in at the end of Jan, check was cashed promptly. Still waiting....

I received mine last month - forty days to the day the ATF charged my Credit Card. But I live in Mass, and apparently at the ATF there are different people assigned to each State.

It's been three weeks since my Lincense arrived and I still have NOT received my "Welcome Pack" !

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    CC charged 1-8
    License received 4-6
    No welcome packet yet

Hmm, I should be coming up then.

Everyday when I get home I am checking the mailbox like Ralphie looking for his Red Rider decoder pin. Occasionally I will even leave all the mail in there too if there is nothing relevant to my interests, just like Ralphie.

This is going to be me when it finally arrives. I am going to lock myself in the shitter and browse the C&R procedures for various sites.

mailboxcolor.jpg

SalemCat

Jan 10, 2013
    I received mine last month - forty days to the day the ATF charged my Credit Card. But I live in Mass, and apparently at the ATF there are different people assigned to each State.

It's been three weeks since my License arrived and I still have NOT received my "Welcome Pack" !

Welcome Packet arrived 24 days after License.

Johnshaw65

Jun 22, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    C&R requires Hunting license?

Was looking at the C&R application and there was a question about needing to have a valid hunting license. What is that about ?
    Thanks,
    John

Johnshaw65

Jun 22, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    C&R

My error. Under question 10) non immigrant alien cert of compliance, question B asks if you have a valid hunting license. I guess it doe not pertain to citizens.

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    What is the difference between F 5310.16 (F7CR) - Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms
    and
    F 7CR (5310.16) - Curios & Relics Collectors Application (Limit 2 Copies Per Order) (Includes instructions, fingerprint cards, and other material)
    I ask because one has finger print cards and the other doesn't so it make me wonder why?

Also the link for How do I find out if a gun is on the C&R list?
    http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/curios-relics/ no longer works. Does anyone have an updated one? I can't seem to find the C&R list.

And thanks to Coinboy for posting this info! That is if he is still around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom