• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    Just recieved the super-tuck today for the glock30 sf and it's very comfortable. Reading the paperwork it says you can use a hair dryer on it to loosen the retention on the handgun.
    Anyone here done that and does it really help?
    Or just let it break-in for awhile?
    It's not for me here in Md :sad20:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    ^^^^^

This. The leather is stiff at first. It will soften and become more pliable. Don't fool with the heat gun yet IMO.

My .02. BTW I own several.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I wouldn't heat it up at all unless it was so tight you couldn't draw from it.

Wear it a bit to break it in. I'm VERY happy with mine I've had for 4 years or so and it see's near daily use. My only complaint is mine creeks a lot. I've tried all the tricks with no luck.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Mine is but I have it adjusted for maximym forward cant. Makes it more comfortable for me whwn sitting.

I buy holster from Theis now.

www.theisholsters.com.

Cheaper and faster. Same quality or better. And no crosses on the clips.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    In case you aren't familiar(with kydex holsters)and these type....... When you draw, make sure it is with a confident "snap". Slow draw is a no go with kydex. Otherwise you will bring the whole holster up and out attached to the pistol. So, keep this in mind before you hit it with the hair dryer to "loosen" it up. Because being tight is the retention with kydex.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    In case you aren't familiar(with kydex holsters)and these type....... When you draw, make sure it is with a confident "snap". Slow draw is a no go with kydex. Otherwise you will bring the whole holster up and out attached to the pistol. So, keep this in mind before you hit it with the hair dryer to "loosen" it up. Because being tight is the retention with kydex.

Thanks for the advice. This could be the problem.

FNG Andrew

Nov 9, 2010
    Harford County
    I wouldn't heat it up at all unless it was so tight you couldn't draw from it.

Wear it a bit to break it in. I'm VERY happy with mine I've had for 4 years or so and it see's near daily use. My only complaint is mine creeks a lot. I've tried all the tricks with no luck.

Mine creeks a lot as well. Sometimes sounds like your wearing a diaper lol

zombie killer

Sep 11, 2013
    I switch off between a crossbreed for an xds and a SHTF for a 1911, I like the leather better on the CB but the SHTF seems to stay in place better. I could wear it for days and not have to adjust it, and I'm constantly in and out of my office chair, truck, and around on the jobsite, whereas the CB is a constant battle to stay where I want it.

Tim460

May 22, 2010
    Baltimore Co.
    Mine creeks a lot as well. Sometimes sounds like your wearing a diaper lol

Yeah I wear mine daily and sounds exactly like you're wearing a diaper, but only ~50% of the time I'm wearing it, I don't get it.

Other than that I'm very happy with it, once it breaks in it's pretty comfortable.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Mine is but I have it adjusted for maximym forward cant. Makes it more comfortable for me whwn sitting.

I buy holster from Theis now.

www.theisholsters.com.

Cheaper and faster. Same quality or better. And no crosses on the clips.

Just like most I have way too many holsters. They are from MultiHolsters, CompTac, Blade Tech, etc. All very good, but always looking to try something a little different. I just got a new IWB, horsehide/kydex combination, from Theis. Very nice product, short turnaround compared to the others, very friendly communications, lower price, and he is a small/one man outfit. Lifetime warranty. Will buy again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom