• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I remember Cresap opens on Saturdays around April, but I want to check to make sure when that would be. I should have asked someone there yesterday, but I didn't think of it, so if any of the memebers are on here, do you know? This next saturday wil be in April, so does that mean it is open then or will it be later? Thanks!

Fire-4-Effect

Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    I remember Cresap opens on Saturdays around April, but I want to check to make sure when that would be. I should have asked someone there yesterday, but I didn't think of it, so if any of the memebers are on here, do you know? This next saturday wil be in April, so does that mean it is open then or will it be later? Thanks!

I am a member of Cresap. Yes, we are open Saturday's starting this weekend. We will be closed Easter Sunday though (Apr 12).

I expect it to be slow the first Saturday since everyone is used to shooting on Sundays only! Great day to come up.

Phil

amish

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2008
    Fredneck
    I am a member of Cresap. Yes, we are open Saturday's starting this weekend. We will be closed Easter Sunday though (Apr 12).

I expect it to be slow the first Saturday since everyone is used to shooting on Sundays only! Great day to come up.

Phil

I was there last Sunday... and it was full. I may have to come back this Saturday just for a little extra elbow room :).

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    I was there last Sunday... and it was full. I may have to come back this Saturday just for a little extra elbow room :).

I actually popped in at 1100 on Sunday, popped out at 1102. I brought some first time shooters and didn't want to sour their first experience waiting for a lane. I'll bring them back Saturday, let them get hooked, then start bringing them on busy days. :D

amish

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2008
    Fredneck
    I actually popped in at 1100 on Sunday, popped out at 1102. I brought some first time shooters and didn't want to sour their first experience waiting for a lane. I'll bring them back Saturday, let them get hooked, then start bringing them on busy days. :D

I showed up just after 1300, right in time for the target change. Got a spot that someone (Jimmy) cleared out for me on the rifle range, then the next hour got a pistol spot. If I had to wait, I was prepared to turn around.

I'm planning on taking a few first time shooters in the near future. I've been trying to push till April when hopefully things will be less crazy.

Excuse my ignorance, but what and where is Cresap?

Thanks!

http://www.cresaprifleclub.com/facilities.html#Directions

PRyker...
    You realized you jinxed the place by saying it would be slow in Saturday.

Quick, tell everyone some event is happening on saturday and drive them to sunday!! :innocent0

Yeah. I know. I have to work range duty Sunday. I thought maybe I could get some people to come Sat instead... :-)

J/k... I actually enjoy it when busy!

Phil

Yeah, gives you something to do/watch, but personally I like quieter times :)

tanglebones

Jan 3, 2009
    so once April starts do the Saturdays/Sundays even out? Or does one typically have more shooters? Just curious.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    Quick, tell everyone some event is happening on saturday and drive them to sunday!! :innocent0

Isn't there that gun show in Frederick on Saturday (and Sunday too)? My friend and I will probably go there and then go to Cresap. I can't think of much of a better way to spend a day than to go to a gun show, and then go shooting! The fairgrounds are also pretty close to the range.

helg

Dec 26, 2008
    Isn't there that gun show in Frederick on Saturday (and Sunday too)? My friend and I will probably go there and then go to Cresap.
    It it legal to stop and leave your car with guns locked in there at gunshow parking lot? I heard that with a gun in the car you can only drive to shooting range and back home.

amish

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2008
    Fredneck
    Isn't there that gun show in Frederick on Saturday (and Sunday too)? My friend and I will probably go there and then go to Cresap. I can't think of much of a better way to spend a day than to go to a gun show, and then go shooting! The fairgrounds are also pretty close to the range.

Yep, gun show is this weekend, I just remember that!

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=17179

I was just talking with one of my friends, she's passing through town Saturday and loves to shoot, so we are going to hit Cresap for sure 1300-1500.

And with the show... I'll probably hit that in the morning. I couldn't agree with you more, no better way to spend the day then show then range :).

Unless there was a football game later in the day of course...

If you see me, introduce yourself. I usually wear a brown Corona cap, tall, and shoot a big ass revolver that makes a big boom and puts a big grin on peoples faces :).

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    It it legal to stop and leave your car with guns locked in there at gunshow parking lot? I heard that with a gun in the car you can only drive to shooting range and back home.

i think you might be right if you're talking about handguns. i'm pretty sure long guns are okay though. good question

NOVUS!? :rolleyes:

Fire-4-Effect

Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    i think you might be right if you're talking about handguns. i'm pretty sure long guns are okay though. good question

NOVUS!? :rolleyes:

My understanding is that you are only allowed to drive straight to a range, hunting destination or gunshop / gunsmith. You are also not even really suppose to stop and get gas. That breaks the straight to and back rule. With that said I would imagine that would be a pretty tough law to enforce unless they know you purposely stopped somewhere you were not suppose to.

Phil

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Just a reminder...
    Going to Cresap's after the show with your new purchase????

Don't do it!

Clean your gun before you shoot it! New guns must be cleaned! Shooting a gun that has just been purchased without cleaning it can be dangerous!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom