• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dooga

Dec 5, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    I just got home after attending CPAC 2012. Very fun, very interesting. Anybody attending?
    a6937624-92a1-818a.jpg

I would love to connect tomorrow if anyone's around.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I just got home after attending CPAC 2012. Very fun, very interesting. Anybody attending?
    a6937624-92a1-818a.jpg

I would love to connect tomorrow if anyone's around.

I heard some of Rubio's speech replayed on talk radio. Love that guy, need him in the white house.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    No. I thought about it, but my head exploded when I tried to reconcile conservatism with people's excessive interest in what happens in my bedroom.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    For a 'conservative', small government group, I noticed that many of the speakers have an excessive concern for who I have sex with. How we engage in it. What magic words I've said before hand. Etc.

Did you attend this year or are you making a generalization ? Cite some examples from this year's CPAC speakers, please.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    "During my term in office, our conservative values also came under attack. Less than a year after I took office, the state’s supreme court inexplicably found a right to same-sex marriage in the constitution written by John Adams. I presume he’d be surprised. I fought to have a stay on that decision then pushed for a marriage amendment to our constitution. We lost by only one vote in the legislature. And I successfully prohibited out-of-state couples from coming to our state to get married and then going home. On my watch, we fought hard and prevented Massachusetts from becoming the Las Vegas of gay marriage.

"When I am president, I will defend the Defense of Marriage Act. And I will fight for an amendment to our constitution that defines marriage as a relationship between a man and a woman."
    - Mitt Romney CPAC 2012

.gov has no business defining marriage.

Mitt is no conservative. He is almost as liberal as Obamarx and to the left of Ted Kennedy. Mitt is also no friend of our 2nd Ammendment either. There were quite a few Ron Paul people there as well so many non establishment republicans would be happy there as well. I hung out at the SAF booth and several other 2A friendly groups that were there. The Ron Paul people really got a kick from the 1919 and Gatling videos from my yard. I was interviewed several times and Chris Plante even squeezed me in after Bob Dornan at the end. I met Rick Santorum after his speech. And B1 Bob was a hoot as always. I must say I did'nt come away changed in any way but it was a cool place to be. I still see Robamnefeller as the establishment party that has no more use for a free middle class than the Bolsheviks. Santorum has always been pretty establishment as well but a little more middle class/family friendly. Newt is the republican Bill Clinton who will say and do anything and might do all the right things for whatever reason. Ron Paul is too genuine. Unlike Reagan though who when branded a cowboy nutcake stood up and made his opposition look like fools Ron Paul speaks and makes himself look crazier than anyone ever imagined. I still would like nothing better than to see Ron Paul take a Constitutional Wrecking Ball to Washington wether the World survives or not.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    .gov has no business defining marriage.

:sign06:

As hvymax noted, "Mitt is no conservative" ...

I don't want to thread jack, but I wouldn't consider Mitt's comments as "excessive concern for who I have sex with. How we engage in it." per gmhowell's posting. Mitt was commenting on DOMA, but that's a legal (and bibical) definition of marraige, and probably a valid position considering the audience.

So, other than the non-sexual aspects of a marraige, which CPAC speaker was suggesting preventing anyone from engaging in any type of sexual activity ?

Back to your regularly scheduled thread discussion ...

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Nah, that's ok. Go on thinking the modern GOP has anything to do with conservatism. Or CPAC for that matter. BTW, with regards to Mitt, the term you are looking for is "No true Scotsman".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom