• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandbanger

how's it going eisenhower
    Dec 14, 2010
    coyotes are open season, if you go into PA, you can hunt them however you please, About 2 years ago i went with my neighbor to his home town near juniata, we had a warden blatantly tell us "have fun" he said we could use a stick with a nail as long as we got rid of the coyotes. You can bait them, use them as bait, electronic call, night hunt, however you could kill them they wanted you too. I dont know if its the same today as it was, just a couple years ago.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Coyote populations are on the rise - but the DNR did not stock them. They are western invaders! About 10 years the DNR had an article that there has been confirmed Coyote spottings in every county in Maryland. Most Coyotes are nocturnally active (in Maryland at least)- which is why many dont see them during the day. Here in Garrett Co - they are becoming more common - Ive seen them during the day. Seen one run across I-68 near Big Savage MTN, among a few other times Ive seen them. Have also heard them howling in the woods near my house.

As Far as calibers - the 22-250 is usally rated the best for them - but the .223 is great too.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Coyote populations are on the rise - but the DNR did not stock them. They are western invaders! About 10 years the DNR had an article that there has been confirmed Coyote spottings in every county in Maryland. Most Coyotes are nocturnally active (in Maryland at least)- which is why many dont see them during the day. Here in Garrett Co - they are becoming more common - Ive seen them during the day. Seen one run across I-68 near Big Savage MTN, among a few other times Ive seen them. Have also heard them howling in the woods near my house.

As Far as calibers - the 22-250 is usally rated the best for them - but the .223 is great too.

As I'm talking about the Shore. An this is the Eastern Shore forum... My info about the Yotes on Iron Furnace comes from the DNR that put them there!

As for killing them, if they are on the farm they are dead. If they run deer, they are dead. Same goes for Fido!

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    As I'm talking about the Shore. An this is the Eastern Shore forum... My info about the Yotes on Iron Furnace comes from the DNR that put them there!

As for killing them, if they are on the farm they are dead. If they run deer, they are dead. Same goes for Fido!

Better use a 308 over a garbage gun like a 303. :P

matt_b89

Apr 5, 2011
    Allegany County/Frostburg
    i've got some here in allegany co. been dying to see some and blow em away, but they're sly lil buggars. I thought about getting an electronic call and spotlight....i know they are detrimental to deer populations and can be nuisances in trash, but aren't they necessary for the ecosystem in some places where they're native?

dzlfarmboy

Feb 18, 2010
    Centreville, MD
    I wish we had as many as we do foxes, I have yet to see any in maryland yet.

My South Dakota Double
    1290176078.jpg

I like to keep things quiet
    1305906117.jpg

And when their real far out .308 boom stick
    1305905774.jpg

Fustercluck

Aug 4, 2008
    Eastern Shore
    Coyote shot and killed today near Cherrywalk, Hebron.

Cherrywalk is one of my at-least-weekly cycling routes, and I have seen coyote on that road on two separate occasions. Only time I have seen them is when I ride at 5AM. I caught their eyes in the field (once) and crossing the road (once) with the headlight of my bike. We hear them howling from time to time. I promise that wasn't the only coyote in our neighborhood, but I'm glad someone popped it.

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    Cherrywalk is one of my at-least-weekly cycling routes, and I have seen coyote on that road on two separate occasions. Only time I have seen them is when I ride at 5AM. I caught their eyes in the field (once) and crossing the road (once) with the headlight of my bike. We hear them howling from time to time. I promise that wasn't the only coyote in our neighborhood, but I'm glad someone popped it.

Do you know Ray Porter ?

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I hit one with my car a couple years ago. I kept getting those looks from people that said "hmm, a coyote you say... I'm sure you THOUGHT it was a coyote there roadrunner"

My FIL saw two on his farm in PA a couple months ago. I may have to keep a lookout next time we go up!!

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    If you hate coyotes being near you, come live with me. I am some sort of coyote repellant. I am so repelling that they won't even step in my traps when I am setting right on top of them ( which is not where I live). Coyotes hate me. I was so upset that I couldn't catch any at that one spot (nor any ever for that matter) that I bought 2 eastern coyote skins off of ebay. I also don't get many coyotes in from hunters to do mounts of (I wish I got in something like 20 a season), but I tick off the big Coyote by buying dead coyotes from other places. You see I am part Indian and had my "totem spirit dream" when I was 19. It was werecoyotes and they were mad at me for "supporting coyote slaughter", so I go out of my way to support coyote slaughter, cuz those danged tricksters aren't going to fool me. But they get under my skin now and then. I took pics of the location that was in the dream which is on a neighbors property. It's a bit of a walk if doing it stealthily ( I didn't want the neighbor to see me LOL). So I am sneaking through a bridge culvert to the other side to take pics, when I was going back downstream afterwards back through the culvert and when I was coming out the echo effect created what sounded like a yip-howl. I thought it was funny. Later on I went to upload my pics off the camera and yote and behold, I somehow deleted the pics! This is the only time I ever deleted a bunch of pics by accident. DIRTY TRICKSTERS! KILL ALL COYOTES!

BTW, the dream was telling me my "totem" is the coyote, however to me it is a half-totem. A 100% coyote would be a huskster or a complete klutz (or a lulz internetz troll), which I am not. I actually treat my "coyote thing" as a joke, just a cheap entertainment creative outlet. My balance animal is the whitetail deer.

I plan on making a taxidermy werecoyote thing- out of real coyote hides- so I can make fun of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom