• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U4U

Dec 28, 2016
    A donkey get gangster on a coyote

Where is there a pack of 30yotes running around? That seems crazy big

Down in the foothills of South Carolina by the NC line. The York County/Cherokee County area up by Kings Mountain.

The most I’ve ever got in a night was 6. South Carolina lifted the ammunition restrictions on them. You were allowed to shoot them with whatever you had loaded. It was .233 and smaller but now they don’t care if you stab them with a stick. I don’t know if it’s still lifted …. That was 7 years ago when I moved back up to Maryland. There were so many I’ve had deer drop there fawn in the thickets near the house.

Sentinel911

May 8, 2015
    Curious how your AR adventure has gone? Did I miss what you ended up with as far as optics? We year round hunt them in Maryland anywhere we legally can. We've done pretty well over the last year or so since we've ramped up our pace.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Curious how your AR adventure has gone? Did I miss what you ended up with as far as optics? We year round hunt them in Maryland anywhere we legally can. We've done pretty well over the last year or so since we've ramped up our pace.
    I've still not managed to break free from work and get out. But now that it's starting to almost be fall I'd like to. Anyone want to go around Anne Arundel County?

Sentinel911

May 8, 2015
    I've still not managed to break free from work and get out. But now that it's starting to almost be fall I'd like to. Anyone want to go around Anne Arundel County?
    Most of our property is Western Maryland. A couple Frederick, a couple Washington, and the rest Allegany and Garrett County.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I'm more excited for night hunting for fox and coyotes this year than I am deer hunting. Corn comes down in a few weeks and it will be time to break out the caller and nods. Thinking of picking up a new thermal for the season possibly the agm rattler ts50-640 or the new pulasr with built in rangefinder.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    The pulsar w/rangefinder (thermion 2 LRF XP 50 pro ) is great. I didn’t get it until late last season so really looking forward to this season. Always looking for more night hunting buddies with some property to conquer. Hell I don’t even have to shoot , I can work the call and scan to set up a buddy and have just as much fun.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    The pulsar w/rangefinder (thermion 2 LRF XP 50 pro ) is great. I didn’t get it until late last season so really looking forward to this season. Always looking for more night hunting buddies with some property to conquer. Hell I don’t even have to shoot , I can work the call and scan to set up a buddy and have just as much fun.
    Good to know I have the older thermion xm30 so either would be a nice upgrade.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Youtube short I just stumbled across while wasting time. Didn't seem like it deserved it's own thread so I brought this one back from last year.

Hunting coyotes using bait dog to bring them to the hunter:

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Youtube short I just stumbled across while wasting time. Didn't seem like it deserved it's own thread so I brought this one back from last year.

Hunting coyotes using bait dog to bring them to the hunter:

Bait dogs for coyotes are fairly common west of the Mississippi. From the little I've read the bait dogs are Incredibly effective during breeding season. Looks like a fun way to go about killing yotes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom