• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Did you know that Marylanders came together to prevent senseless violence like Newtown and the Columbia Mall shooting? Oh, you didn't? Neither did I, but according to Howard County Executive candidate Courtney Watson's press release, that is what happened when Maryland politicians passed SB281, which everyone who actually understands that laws knows that it really just strips firearms from the hands of law abiding citizens. :facepalm:

In the ultimate proof that if brains were dynamite, Mrs. Watson couldn't blow her nose, not only was SB281 passed before the Columbia shooting, but the Mossberg pump shotgun used by mentally insane shooter was not affected by SB281. SB281, despite being law at the time, literally had no bearing on the Columbia Mall shooting at all.

Finally, Mrs. Watson refers to Brian Frosh as her "good friend" :stupid:

Check out the press release here, if you can stand it :tdown:

http://www.courtneywatson.com/blog/marylands-firearm-safety-act-upheld-federal-district-court

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It should come as no surprise.
    The people who voted for SB281 and support gun-control know nothing of guns functionality or of the laws already in place.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I went to Atholton with her and her brother. Both are very smart. Their dad is Ed Cochran, former HoCo County Executive. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_L._Cochran
    (Ironically no one ever mentions that her dad was once the county executive)

She has her campaign machine up and running hard. Signs, social media, appearances...nothing happens in HoCo without her in the photo. She is Ulman in a skirt.

Video of her endorsement by Elijah Cummings, rallying the Obama base.
    http://player.vimeo.com/video/93545184?color=

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I know her Dad used to be CE (the first CE, I think). Were it not for him, I doubt she'd have gotten anywhere in politics.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    And remember that with high cap magazines, once you shoot the bullets out, they are trash and cannot be used again. :banghead:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Where's that bumper sticker at ?

Order and plaster them over her campaign signs.

Attachments

• 5020457358_9a80ba3c6b_z.jpg
      5020457358_9a80ba3c6b_z.jpg
      42.5 KB · Views: 616

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I went to Atholton with her and her brother. Both are very smart. Their dad is Ed Cochran, former HoCo County Executive.

Really? Don't know about the brother, but she just proved how stupid she is. BTW I have always been very smart, but I think I gained extra smartness the day I met a real "gun person". He destroyed every stereotype. The power of 1 retired NASA engineer/scientist ( I don't recall which) with a gay son attending MICA, and NFA stuff and a "gun room". In PG county of all places!

I'll steal this oft liberal used phrase ( which is ironic!). " The mind is like a parachute, it only works when opened."

Of course I know that many politicians will pander to the voter base by acting stupid, since much of the voter base is often very stupid and they don't even notice. So the question is, is she being stupid on purpose?

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Really? Don't know about the brother, but she just proved how stupid she is. BTW I have always been very smart, but I think I gained extra smartness the day I met a real "gun person". He destroyed every stereotype. The power of 1 retired NASA engineer/scientist ( I don't recall which) with a gay son attending MICA, and NFA stuff and a "gun room". In PG county of all places!

I'll steal this oft liberal used phrase ( which is ironic!). " The mind is like a parachute, it only works when opened."

Of course I know that many politicians will pander to the voter base by acting stupid, since much of the voter base is often very stupid and they don't even notice. So the question is, is she being stupid on purpose?

There's a difference between "dumb" and "ignorant." The trouble that smart, well-educated people can have is that it's easy to believe that you know everything about a topic, especially when you view your opponents as morons - and you can bet everything you own that the gun control people think of us as a bunch of dumbass rednecks who can only count to nine because we blew one of our fingers off. The fact is that gun laws are some of the most brutally complex and confusing regulations that a typical citizen is likely to deal with and if you have never bought a regulated firearm in this state, you likely know very little as to how they actually work. However, gun control is held to be the "educated" view and its advocates will take what gun control spokesmen say at face value, despite the fact that few of them have ever in any way worked with the laws in question (or even bothered to read them themselves for that matter). Other times, it's technical terminology that throws them off since they're clueless about the guns and are trying to remember what the technicalities were. As a result, you see this sort of silliness as a matter of routine from people who should be smart, but end up looking as dumb as stumps.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The problem with many "educated" elitists is they don't even know that they don't know.

In fact as pointed out, many are clueless.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I have been to a couple of events where her staff was and her booth was way down where the traffic was not. I saw her ad, she looked stiff as a bored board.

I think Kittleman is winning. Courtney's campaign seems to just be following Kittleman around. If she is running on social issues in HoCo, she is losing.

The email I got said donations made before August 19th will be doubled by the fundraising team:

http://kittleman.com/product/donate-committee-elect-allan-kittleman/

You can also sign up to volunteer.

btw, he will have a Town Hall in Columbia august 18th:

http://kittleman.com/event/allan-kittleman-townhall-columbia/

You might see some MDS members there.

Rebelwon

Jul 10, 2013
    Woodstock, MD (HoCo)
    I missed a great photo op at the HoCo Fair because I didn't have a camera with me - a clown in front of the Dems booth. Would have loved to post it here! Seriously, though - please support Kittleman!

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I think Kittleman is winning. Courtney's campaign seems to just be following Kittleman around. If she is running on social issues in HoCo, she is losing.

I hope you're right but I fear you're wrong.
    My company had a booth in the commercial building at the fair.
    Watson & Kittleman both had booths as well.
    Watson's was staffed by various people of all ages and races throughout the week and she made her rounds doing the meet and great thing.
    Kittleman's booth was staffed by the same 20 year old kid all week.
    She's following Ulman around, not Kittleman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom