• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    Couldn't Take it Anymore: M4forg to A2 (W/ Pics)

Well, I had two AR15 16" builds and a lonely 20" barrel doing nothing. With the two 16" builds, I have the same exact rifle!! they look ok. One is in my sig. But I missed that classic look, so I got some work done to the 20" HBAR and retrofitted my rifle back to A2 configuration. Simple. Iron sights. Bird cage FS. It's heavier, yes. But I should get all the velocity I'll need. My camera is at work, so I can't take pictures for now, but I have to drop by work later on so maybe I will get to in a few hours.

Last edited:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    So let me get this straight, you had a 20" barrel just lying around, and instead of building another AR like an insane person like me would do, you took a perfectly good working rifle and stuck it on there???

knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    Here she is:

Picture001-1.jpg

this is what it used to be:

Picture003-1.jpg

this is my carbine A3'ish

Picture002-1.jpg

knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    So let me get this straight, you had a 20" barrel just lying around, and instead of building another AR like an insane person like me would do, you took a perfectly good working rifle and stuck it on there???

if I understand you, then yes. I had two of the same build (16")! Now one upper can be used for a spare, or I could spend $300 and buy the lower, LPK and its own BCG and have a 3rd rifle (but I need more ammo). But space in my tiny gun cabinet is very tight!

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    if I understand you, then yes. I had two of the same build (16")! Now one upper can be used for a spare, or I could spend $300 and buy the lower, LPK and its own BCG and have a 3rd rifle (but I need more ammo). But space in my tiny gun cabinet is very tight!

I've got two cabinets, I have room for one more rifle, which I'm getting in a few weeks. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom