• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    from CDNN sports. They stated they wouldn't ship handguns to Maryland, period, and actually hung up on me. I've dealt with them before on long guns and was always pleased with their products and service, this absolutely floored me. I checked the approved handgun registry before I called and the Sig Sauer 556 was good to go.

Just venting. I am pissed about this as this was such a great deal. :mad54:

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Sucks.

The don't deal with shell case guns would be my guess as to the main reason. Add in the BS internal lock and it's just easier for them to skip Maryland.

Sucks for us, but it's a safe business decision on their end.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Maybe we should put together a list of "Maryland-Friendly and Maryland-Unfriendly Businesses", and make it a sticky.

Then we can leave it up to individual members to decide whether they want to support or avoid these businesses.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Where are you located.
    Ship it to PDI and then ask Marlin to transfer it.
    There also may be some DE FFL in the industry partner section.
    As long as it is on the MD approved list you should be GTG.... will cost a bit more but an option for you....

Chris

PM Sent!
    Buds and CDNN are the worst offenders, If anyone runs into this please PM me and let me know somethings inbound, most places have us on file feel free to have them ship it to us. You pay the shipping from us to your Dealer which on average for a handgun is around $14 and change for UPS ground, or we'll ship it anyway you like so long as you pay the cost. Also if you need a shell casing done for it we only charge $5 for members and it free if you purchased a weapon from us. Just make sure it's on the approved handgun list as I will and if not, I guess I have me a new gun.:D

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    from CDNN sports. They stated they wouldn't ship handguns to Maryland, period, and actually hung up on me. I've dealt with them before on long guns and was always pleased with their products and service, this absolutely floored me. I checked the approved handgun registry before I called and the Sig Sauer 556 was good to go.

Your listed location in your profile is absolutely correct and this is but one example. Trust me, there will be more!

My sentence is up in less than 3 years and I'm making a run for it to a free state.

64Post

Mar 30, 2010
    Millers Island, MD
    Sucks.

The don't deal with shell case guns would be my guess as to the main reason. Add in the BS internal lock and it's just easier for them to skip Maryland.

Sucks for us, but it's a safe business decision on their end.

So... what's the deal with an internal lock? Something else I need to be aware of?

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    So... what's the deal with an internal lock? Something else I need to be aware of?

ANy gun sold after 2003 in MD must have an approved internal lock. No big deal, there are a few manufacturers out there that moke drop in locks. But some vendors don't like to sell to MD due to the need for these locks.

64Post

Mar 30, 2010
    Millers Island, MD
    ANy gun sold after 2003 in MD must have an approved internal lock. No big deal, there are a few manufacturers out there that moke drop in locks. But some vendors don't like to sell to MD due to the need for these locks.

What type of lock are we talking about?

Since I bought mine in CO. am I grandfathered in?

I don't need to be tripped up by the fine print in a statute when I move my guns into MD.

bullbarrel

Apr 28, 2009
    western maryland

I wouldnt deal with them anymore.you should be able to find someone to ship that gun to maryland,it shouldnt be a problem

bullbarrel

Apr 28, 2009
    western maryland

listen to carryaglock,best guy to deal with,he'll hook you up.practical defense international

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    What type of lock are we talking about?

Since I bought mine in CO. am I grandfathered in?

I don't need to be tripped up by the fine print in a statute when I move my guns into MD.

You're fine. If you were to sell the guns they would need to be sold with the lock, they are $20 or so for a lock, not a big deal.

ThatIsAFact

Mar 5, 2007
    "approved integrated safety device" requirement

ANy gun sold after 2003 in MD must have an approved internal lock . . . If you were to sell the guns they would need to be sold with the lock, they are $20 or so for a lock, not a big deal.

Actually, the "approved integrated safety device" requirement applies not to any gun SOLD after 2003, but rather, to any handgun manufactured "on or after January 1, 2003." Also, it appears that this requirement applies only to dealers, not to sales of personally owned handguns by non-FFLs. See COMAR 29.03.01.32.

ThatIsAFact

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    When I talked to CDNN about two years ago they said it was not about MD's laws, but rather their insurance company prevented them from selling to us. The guy i talked to said that had no issue selling me the gun and charging my credit card but the gun had to first go to a FFL in a state other than MD. This of course was a few months before carryaglock got all his licenses or opened his shop.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    Actually, the "approved integrated safety device" requirement applies not to any gun SOLD after 2003, but rather, to any handgun manufactured "on or after January 1, 2003." Also, it appears that this requirement applies only to dealers, not to sales of personally owned handguns by non-FFLs. See COMAR 29.03.01.32.

ThatIsAFact

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom