Could you recommend any lawyers for a HRB Appeals Hearing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • forging.a.better.tomorrow

Forging.a.better.tomorrow
    Jun 1, 2012
    I got my denial letter on my petition on 3/11/2023, so I have until 3/26/2023 to request an appeals hearing. I was wondering if there are any attorneys that the MDS Collective can recommend.

forging.a.better.tomorrow

Jun 1, 2012
    Maybe it would help for you to provide more details on what the HRB denied you for?
    The denial was for the IWI UZI PRO, they cite one of the definitions of an Assault Pistol from MD CR 4-301, "(13) UZI semiautomatic pistol" and they say determining whether the UZI PRO is not an assault pistol is not in their purview. Even though this is an "UZI PRO semiautomatic pistol" not an "UZI semiautomatic pistol". I said the definition could not refer to the UZI PRO as it was brought to market in 2015, 2 years after the FSA of 2013; in addition to submitting documentation on technical differences between the UZI PRO and the pistol the ban must have been referring to UZI Pistol from IMI produced 1984-1993 and imported by Action Arms until their doors shuttered in 1995.

Last edited:

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Good luck, forging...

I wish I had become a lawyer instead of a dumb carpenter. It would have served me and my family and others way better, financially had I done so. Now even with a lawyer's help, I still can't recoup/ sue a woman who has cost my now deceased mom and us nearly 60K in her savings after being duped into co signing on a loan the woman later defaulted on back in 2018.

forging.a.better.tomorrow

Jun 1, 2012
    Good luck, forging...

I wish I had become a lawyer instead of a dumb carpenter. It would have served me and my family and others way better, financially had I done so. Now even with a lawyer's help, I still can't recoup/ sue a woman who has cost my now deceased mom and us nearly 60K in her savings after being duped into co signing on a loan the woman later defaulted on back in 2018.
    Thanks. That's a tough position to be in. The take away is never co-sign, except maybe for a close family member.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks. That's a tough position to be in. The take away is never co-sign, except maybe for a close family member.
    Yup, and sadly Mom with Dementia caused her to unknowingly do something that was detrimental to her financial well being. And in my sister and my case, we didn't see it from 150 miles away as she slowly got worse, from what I learned was as early as 2016 but it was not really noticeable to us until 2018. I just wish we could have had her agree to live with us in MD before she even met the Co- Borrower. She really preferred to stay in Delaware until it essentially cost her her health. Strokes finally resulted in full time care here in Towson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom