• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scythe944

Apr 16, 2008
    Delta, PA
    Woohoo!

Just got mine finally! Good to be official :party29:. They send a BUNCH of stuff with it though, it came the day after. I guess I know now where my $30 went!

postmako

C&R Member
    Jan 10, 2008
    Howard County, MD
    I just got the FFL C&R in the mail today! So all-in-all it took about 2 weeks (plus a day) total but there is a problem. They misspelled my name on the front of the license. I am waiting on hold now to see what can be done about this. Man this is a long wait on the phone (20 minutes already). I'll let you all know. Ahh, they just answered.
    DONE
    Simple, here is what happened. I called the toll free number and spoke to Cathy/Kathy. She corrected my name in the system and will mail out a new license. She said the license number will remain the same and I should get it by the end of next week since Monday is a holiday. They said they are sending it off today. Whew! That was easy...

Oh and she said I can use the one I currently have as long as the distributors would allow it. Anyhow, just wanted to let you all know...

PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River
    I just got the FFL C&R in the mail today! So all-in-all it took about 2 weeks (plus a day) total but there is a problem. They misspelled my name on the front of the license. I am waiting on hold now to see what can be done about this. Man this is a long wait on the phone (20 minutes already). I'll let you all know. Ahh, they just answered.
    DONE
    Simple, here is what happened. I called the toll free number and spoke to Cathy/Kathy. She corrected my name in the system and will mail out a new license. She said the license number will remain the same and I should get it by the end of next week since Monday is a holiday. They said they are sending it off today. Whew! That was easy...

Oh and she said I can use the one I currently have as long as the distributors would allow it. Anyhow, just wanted to let you all know...

:thumbsup: Feed the addiction

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Received a big packet from ATF today, it had a letter saying congratulations but I've yet to find anything in it that resembles a license... Any help here?

I posted the same info on your thread:
    The actual license will come in a separate envelope. Probably within a day or two.
    Don't sign the original...make lots of copies.
    And be ready to spend, spend, spend...

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Auckland

Get On My Horse
    Apr 6, 2008
    The Dena
    I just requested the forms from the ATF. I only did this because I keep reading about discounts form some websites. How does that work? Do you tell them that you have a collectors license and they just give you a discount?

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    I just requested the forms from the ATF. I only did this because I keep reading about discounts form some websites. How does that work? Do you tell them that you have a collectors license and they just give you a discount?

No you have to mail, fax, or email a signed copy of your license to the company.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    how am I just seeing this now?? I ordered my papers today. Do you think I'll have my license by the end of the contest? (I don't know what's involved in filling out an application)

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Do you think I'll have my license by the end of the contest? (I don't know what's involved in filling out an application)

No chance at all, don't trouble yourself even wondering about it. :innocent0

postmako

C&R Member
    Jan 10, 2008
    Howard County, MD
    how am I just seeing this now?? I ordered my papers today. Do you think I'll have my license by the end of the contest? (I don't know what's involved in filling out an application)

Have you ever filled out a 4473? They ask nearly the same questions. There are many sources online for info. You have to fill out the application twice. One goes to your local chief of police and the other goes to ATF in Atlanta, GA. Pretty simple. Mine arrived in only 2 weeks after shipping it off. So expect it by the end of the month.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County

You will probabally get your license in time if you mail it out. I think the avarage wait for the license is about 1 month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom