• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdubyacobb

Mar 6, 2009
    Patagonia Arizona
    Howdy all!
    We have moved our residence to our place in Arizona and I am getting my Arizona CC permit and am looking for advice on an inside the belt/pants holster for my 92FS.
    Yes, I know it's a big gun but I'm a big guy. Plan is to maybe carry in the small of my back.
    Thanks.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I use an Uncle Mike's el cheapo $15 IWB kydex holster. It kinda sucks in being uncomfortable sometimes, and shifting around but it *barely* does the job. At least it retains it well.

I'd look into a Comp-Tac Minotaur/CrossBreed SuperTuck. Both have excellent reputations for concealing full-frame weapons very well, and comfortably.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Spend the money on a good one. Crossbreed supertuck and/or CompTac design depending on your clothing style.

That is a big gun but I appendix carry one. Hides rather well on my small frame.

azmd

Feb 20, 2010
    This information may be out of date so no guarantees on accuracy but I believe Galco has their headquarters or a manufacturing plant in Phoenix. They used to let you come in with your pistol and try out their holsters. I am not sure if they still do this but worth a shot since they let you actually wear the holster.

gdubyacobb

Mar 6, 2009
    Patagonia Arizona
    Thanks for all the input.
    I have been hitting all the gun shops here abouts and trying different ones.
    I think I am leaning towards just a neoprene sleeve type holster. I know that they are cheap but they seem to feel the most comfortable for the small of the back carry.
    But I'm still looking.

gdubyacobb

Mar 6, 2009
    Patagonia Arizona
    I ended up going with a Kydex IWB from THS in Mesa, AZ.
    They have a shop right in one of the indoor ranges here and were able to do a little bit of customizing for me.
    If any one is interested: http://www.thsholsters.com/ths/

I am going to be bummed when I come back to spend time in MD this summer, I'll feel naked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom