• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snardo

Nov 25, 2019
    Not trying to be snarky, but that seems like the kind of thing Google is good for. Maybe check out your favorite holster brand to see if they have one that fits?

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    I have some from https://legacyfirearmsco.com/

I have the Ares light bearing appendix. I got it with the wing/claw and the wedge, but ended up removing both. Neither helped concealment or comfort with my body type, but they are easier to remove rather than to add them after the fact.

I also have the epsilon and the scorpius.

gjohnsonoc

Feb 18, 2013
    OCMD
    Not trying to be snarky, but that seems like the kind of thing Google is good for. Maybe check out your favorite holster brand to see if they have one that fits?
    Yep Googled and Youtube but asking here is what the forum is for I value most opinions here.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Can't comment specifically on the 509c as I don't own one and have never carried one but you might want to talk to Vedder holsters. I have used them a little and found them both comfortable and practical.

If leather is your bag, I will suggest milt sparks and Galco. I own several and like them very much. I do not own a sparks holster appropriate for appendix carry but everything I have seen from them has been quality.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Tenicor (Velo4) and Tier 1 Concealed (Xiphos-V2) are, both, quality AIWB holsters that accommodate optics.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I still don't understand how you aiwb carriers bend down or squat to reach the ground for anything.
    A lot depends on what you carry. A j frame in a hybrid AIWB is hardly any hindrance. A glock 19 needs to be the right holster and I find myself kneeling or squatting instead of bending forward at the waist. A glock 34 is too much slide length on my short stature.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I still don't understand how you aiwb carriers bend down or squat to reach the ground for anything.
    They don't. Not a lot of bending when just going out walking, shopping for the day. These people aren't mulching flowerbeds while appendix carrying.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Im probably not mulching flowerbeds with my 509c carried appendix, but would have no problem doing any of that with my Gx4 carrried AIWB. Don't even need a belt, any pants with a drawstring is fine, and that is with a cheap universal holder. I nearly forget it is there.

Being tall and skinny does certainly help.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Im probably not mulching flowerbeds with my 509c carried appendix, but would have no problem doing any of that with my Gx4 carrried AIWB. Don't even need a belt, any pants with a drawstring is fine, and that is with a cheap universal holder. I nearly forget it is there.

Being tall and skinny does certainly help.
    Drawstring is a fail right there and is not fine. As is the cheap universal holster.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Drawstring is a fail right there and is not fine. As is the cheap universal holster.
    Whatever, it fits perfect, and I can carry comfortably in gym shorts or wind pants and a tank top while i mulch the flowerbeds. I dry practice often with all my gear and it draws great. I have more expensive holsters for it, they just do not work as well.

If it achieves every goal, how is it a fail? Sounds a bit prejudicial having never seen it or tried it. What is the $ amount that must be spent to not fail? I'll make up a receipt that says I spent more.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Whatever, it fits perfect, and I can carry comfortably in gym shorts or wind pants and a tank top while i mulch the flowerbeds. I dry practice often with all my gear and it draws great. I have more expensive holsters for it, they just do not work as well.

If it achieves every goal, how is it a fail? Sounds a bit prejudicial having never seen it or tried it. What is the $ amount that must be spent to not fail? I'll make up a receipt that says I spent more.
    Sounds good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom