• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Having probs with our wireless network. Can't connect my netbook, or phone to run off the Belkin wireless. Reset the modem and wireless router. Started yesterday. Just stopped working, but all go lights on the components are okay. My phone is saying it can't aquire an IP address. Same with my netbook.,

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    DHCP is on. Had the wife turn her phone and netbook on. Weird. Her phone can't connect either but her netbook is the only device in the house able to connect. My netbook, both our phones are unable to connect, but her netbook is. They are all on auto-obtain. Is it possible someone hacked into our Belkin and has it set so only my wife's PC is able connect so they can get into it?? Just happened all the sudden yesterday. We have changed nothing. If we look at the list of networks, ours come up on the list with excellent signal strength, and a lock on it as should be. I am using a ehthernet cable right now plugged into my modem to connect and type right now.

SlotMachine

Feb 6, 2012
    Seven Valleys, PA
    its ALWAYS possible someone hacks into a network. If it was me, id turn on mac filtering and whitelist only one address, meaning that only one specific device could connect but thats a rare case. try this. on each NON-working device, go into the wireless networks and remove your home from the remembered connections. you will need your wireless password again. Reconnect each device one by one. If you removed them correctly, each one should ask for the wireless password. If they don't you didn't remove them correctly. Let me know the results and we can go from there. extreme worst case, i can walk you thru how to let me remote into your-hardwired computer and i can look at your router's settings. (I am a certified IT Tech that works at CCBC if it makes you feel better ;) )

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    its ALWAYS possible someone hacks into a network. If it was me, id turn on mac filtering and whitelist only one address, meaning that only one specific device could connect but thats a rare case. try this. on each NON-working device, go into the wireless networks and remove your home from the remembered connections. you will need your wireless password again. Reconnect each device one by one. If you removed them correctly, each one should ask for the wireless password. If they don't you didn't remove them correctly. Let me know the results and we can go from there. extreme worst case, i can walk you thru how to let me remote into your-hardwired computer and i can look at your router's settings. (I am a certified IT Tech that works at CCBC if it makes you feel better ;) )

I am thinking it happened. When on auto-obtain my wireless connection just keeps saying obtaining network connection, then goes to limited or no connection. If I pug the same IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway into mine, the wireless icon says I am connected with excellent strength, but when I go to open an internet window it says unable to connect.

To be blunt, I have very basic computer skills. :o

SlotMachine

Feb 6, 2012
    Seven Valleys, PA
    ok, click start, go to control panel, click network and internet, right click wireless, click properties, click the wireless networks tab and delete all networks listed. close everything and reconnect to your home network. it will ask for your wifi password, put it in and tell me if you can go to google.com

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    How old is the router? They definitely have a lifespan, and play stupid games like this when they start to go. They generate a fair amount of heat, and degrade over time. I've seen them just stop working entirely, and i've seen them appear to light up and work, and yet only a computer or two can actually get through. They never seem to get better when they start acting up.

Sirex