• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    I was interested in picking one of these up and probably use it in a SASS type "Wild Bunch" shoot.

Has anyone seen one of these around here? Anybody have any thoughts on their quality, etc.?

For those who may not know, Colt is making a 1911 that they claim is essentially a copy of their WWI version, before the A1 improvements.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I was interested in picking one of these up and probably use it in a SASS type "Wild Bunch" shoot.

Has anyone seen one of these around here? Anybody have any thoughts on their quality, etc.?

For those who may not know, Colt is making a 1911 that they claim is essentially a copy of their WWI version, before the A1 improvements.

Yep, they are shipped in a copy of the origional box, wraped in wax paper and a copy of the origional manual. Quality is standard Colt. The blueing is nice and the guns are well put together.

They have a few at White Marsh Arms, but they are pricey.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    i was looking at one yesterday in the local shop abd wanted to finger the hell out of it but i was too busy being distracted by everything else.

they seem really nice and are basically a exact copy of the originial WWI 1911.

small ass sights, standard hammer and grip safty, original trigger, non beveled mag well, nice blueing, colt roll mark, wrapped in wax paper (as jeep driver said).

it seems like a well built gun for the money and i'd like to have one but i have priorities :D

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    York is coming up and there is usually a guy there who specializes in collectible 1911's. He's not cheap but 1911's never are any more.

kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    Guys, thanks for all the quick responses. I better start saving up some dough!

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Yep, they are shipped in a copy of the origional box, wraped in wax paper and a copy of the origional manual. Quality is standard Colt. The blueing is nice and the guns are well put together.

They have a few at White Marsh Arms, but they are pricey.

On saturday there was one under the counter at continental.

I think they used Carbonia bluing.

http://www.ronsgunshop.com/carbonia.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom