• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kurtwm

Aug 19, 2015
    Bowie
    Anyone know if this rifle is legal to ship to an FFL dealer here in MD?

Colt M4 Carbine LE6920 Magpul MOE FDE .223/5.56 NATO

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    have it shipped to Fox firearms and have them put an HBAR upper on it.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    That's a joke, son! I say a joke!

Attachments

• Draw-Foghorn-Leghorn-Step-7.jpg
      Draw-Foghorn-Leghorn-Step-7.jpg
      36.2 KB · Views: 454

kurtwm

Aug 19, 2015
    Bowie
    have it shipped to Fox firearms and have them put an HBAR upper on it.
    not a bad idea, but it sort of defeats my reason for wanting this rifle. Colt already made this an outstanding barrel.

I guess MD liberals want to ensure that a mass shooter has a reliable weapon when he/she goes on a shooting spree.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    not a bad idea, but it sort of defeats my reason for wanting this rifle. Colt already made this an outstanding barrel.

I guess MD liberals want to ensure that a mass shooter has a reliable weapon when he/she goes on a shooting spree.

No - horrible idea.
    That was a joke, lol. DO NOT DO that, lol.

Buying a HBAR is not a bad deal. You get to walk out from the store with it the same day (supposing you're not flagged by NICS), no MSP registration, less paperwork, and a difference of a few ounces in weight.

Check with a MDS IP and they'll hook you up.
    http://mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    uncool, he has just 3 posts. he does not know the inside joke.
    Ok, several replies within minutes so if he whet all half cocked and did it , then it was his bad.

Kurt, any AR15 that will be sold legally in MD will be an HBAR (Heavy Barrel AR).
    It will be a long gun and be sold over the counter with a regular 4473 background check.
    Your gonna pay $45 or so in sales tax which would be close to what many shops will charge you for a xfer fee since anything online has to be shipped to an FFL.
    Plus you have shipping charges.
    You need to talk to the shop, cause some won't do the transfer on an AR and some will. They have to do due dilligence to verify its HBAR. My opinion, is post what you want and your budget to the IP section, try to sniff out and ignore any sarcasm (sometimes we can't help it). and pick an IP to go visit. If you can wait till a MD gun show, you can find LOTS to see there.

If you go into a shop in MD, they have already determined if the AR is HBAR or not so you can see what your gonna get.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    uncool, he has just 3 posts. he does not know the inside joke.
    Ok, several replies within minutes so if he whet all half cocked and did it , then it was his bad.

Kurt, any AR15 that will be sold legally in MD will be an HBAR (Heavy Barrel AR).
    It will be a long gun and be sold over the counter with a regular 4473 background check.
    Your gonna pay $45 or so in sales tax which would be close to what many shops will charge you for a xfer fee since anything online has to be shipped to an FFL.
    Plus you have shipping charges.
    You need to talk to the shop, cause some won't do the transfer on an AR and some will. They have to do due dilligence to verify its HBAR. My opinion, is post what you want and your budget to the IP section, try to sniff out and ignore any sarcasm (sometimes we can't help it). and pick an IP to go visit. If you can wait till a MD gun show, you can find LOTS to see there.

If you go into a shop in MD, they have already determined if the AR is HBAR or not so you can see what your gonna get.
    perhaps you should have enlightened him 7 posts ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom