• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ateixeira

Don't know shit!
    Jan 5, 2009
    MD.
    Bob at Gunrunners Gun Shop in Frederick MD has a Not readily found Colt AR15 Carbine "Law Enforcement / Government" marked. With telescoping stock and removable carry handle for 1,995.00

If it wasn't for the fact that I have bought more regulated stuff than you can shake a stick at in the past 3 weeks I would have picked it up.:D

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Ouch. The Tackle Box in Lexington Park had the same rifle a couple of weeks ago for $1399, unless that one is some special collectible that I'm not aware of. The rifle at The Tackle Box was marked 'LE/Govt only' as well, as I think all Colt ARs are marked.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    If I said I put my first AR-15 together, complete with Armalite 5.56 chrome-lined upper and an EOTech sight for under $1K, that wouldn't make me very popular right now would it?

:D

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    geez, I builded my AR15 for less that 700 bucks each...

Just need a Complete Set of the bolt/Carrier and handle, then my Second AR15 will be done for less than 750 bucks :)

ateixeira

Don't know shit!
    Jan 5, 2009
    MD.
    And they ain't going to get any cheaper.......... I currently have an S&W M&P15 that will soon becom a 101/2" SBR. I will take the 16" upper and build a lower for it. I hope I can stay under 400.00.

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    Amazing what prices are being asked for in the last 6-12 months. While it is a nice rifle and of the highest quality. Just not a 2k$ rifle. While i was at a company meeting the other day , i heard guys talking about how they wanted to buy ak's before they were banned. I asked them if they were NRA members and if they have ever written the politicians.

They had blank faces!! They didnt know what i was talkning about

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    thats called price gouging and continental will sell you a colt hbar govt/LE collapsable stock cash and carry ALOT cheaper than that

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    FYI, The Tackle Box in Lexington Park has a 6920 in stock, although it won't be around long (they had two, but let's just say that one is now accounted for...:o). And no, they are not price gouging. I'm not panic buying, but buying just as I would in better times.

Last edited:

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Oh, and kevp/K-Romulus, I did break it down and everything is indeed properly staked. :D

Seriously though, I do appreciate your tips around here on stuff like that, as I never would have known to look otherwise. :thumbsup:

I just don't get this....

Why do so many people have a hard-on for Colt? I mean really, let's examine this nonsense for a minute...

1) Goofy pin size. Who needs to swap uppers though if you've got a Colt, I guess? Sure, you can get an adapter... But should you have to "need" to?

2) Sear block. Nothing else to say about that...

3) Bastardized carrier. They've milled so much metal off it it's TOO light.

4) "LEO" marked? Why the Hell would I want a rifle that's MARKED "law enforcement only"? I'm not law enforcement. Is it me, or does anyone else out there find the phrase "law enforcement only" - when stamped on a firearm - a little disquieting? We're not talking about a Post '86 Title 1 gun here - just an ordinary semi. It subtly screams "police state" to me...

5) $$$. I defy anyone to shoot any better with a Colt 69-whatevertheHell than they would with any other quality AR platform that was half the price.

The ONLY Colt AR series I would EVER own would be an old SP-1....

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    :lol2:

;)

Attachments

• colt.jpg
      colt.jpg
      34.2 KB · Views: 283

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics