• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdubyacobb

Mar 6, 2009
    Patagonia Arizona
    Hey folks, I need your help.
    I'm in the market for a colt 6920. I'm looking for a tool not a collectable, so I'm willing to go used.
    New they seem to low end just under 1400(plus taxes, shipping...and what have you.)
    I've also found a used one that the fellow claims is 98%. Only to the range twice and about 250 fed thru it. (I haven't seen it yet but will see it before purchase)
    He is asking 1200 (including box, papers etc) seems steep but since it is without taxes or any shipping and since I am looking for a shooter, I am inclined to bargain some but not be too put off by the price.
    What say you in your infinite wisdom?
    (I'm in AZ, so it is face to face no paper work)

Tiny86

Dec 19, 2010
    Montgomery County
    Well, I'm a nooby here but I'll throw out my thoughts.
    Can you break the gun down and make sure it has really had 250 rounds or less through it? If you can take a look at it, go over it inch by inch. But if that is not the case, IMHO it is worth an extra $200 to get a new one that you KNOW is 100%.

cobracutter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 6, 2009
    They can be found for around 1150-1200 brand new on the net. Used should be around 900-1000.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Online I'm seeing price of 1200-1300, and I'm sure better deals can be found.

A BCM M4 Mod 1 can be had new for 1170 plus transfer, or even less if you buy a blemish lower from them and add one of their uppers plus BCG, CH, Handguards, and Carry handle sight.

1200 for a used one seems very very steep.

gdubyacobb

Mar 6, 2009
    Patagonia Arizona
    Got it for 1000.
    Probably could have gotten a new one for just a little more when all was said and done but I want it as a tool not a collectors item so being slightly used didn't factor in for me.
    Came in its box (even in its original bag within the box) with sling, docs, cleaning kit and 2 30rd mags.
    Broke it open and it was clean and clean. The finish is great, even the case deflector.
    I think I'll be happy with it.
    (Maybe the best part was that because I live in Arizona now, the whole purchase was done in a parking lot and just between the two of us)

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Got it for 1000.

Came in its box (even in its original bag within the box) with sling, docs, cleaning kit and 2 30rd mags.

(Maybe the best part was that because I live in Arizona now, the whole purchase was done in a parking lot and just between the two of us)

Must be nice!!:)

:thumbsup:

Hitman4509

Dec 7, 2010
    PG Co
    Got it for 1000.
    Probably could have gotten a new one for just a little more when all was said and done but I want it as a tool not a collectors item so being slightly used didn't factor in for me.
    Broke it open and it was clean and clean. The finish is great, even the case deflector.
    I think I'll be happy with it.

Not too bad... I got mine brand new from Buds for 1075... Ended up being ~1160 after +3% credit-charge, shipping insurance and transfer. Was pretty happy w/my final price after seeing what they were selling for on GB and in shops.

gdubyacobb

Mar 6, 2009
    Patagonia Arizona
    Took it out today to a range here in Phoenix and dialed it in. I was consistently wacking a 24" gong at 300yds with iron sights. Very happy with this rifle.
    To me it was worth every penny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom