• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigpapa

Enthusiast
    Apr 18, 2011
    MD
    Does anyone know where I could find these? All the places I have checked are out of stock.

Bigpapa

Enthusiast
    Apr 18, 2011
    MD

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Has anyone ever ordered a repair kit? If so is it then legal to drive the repair kit to another state assemble it into a mag then bring it back to MD ?

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    For the C-Products mags it states not recommended for use in RRA rifles.

I have a RRA 9mm and bunch of Colt 32 rd mags and they work. The lone C-Products mag I have does not work, it was one of the first bunch they made, which were reported to have issues.

If C-Products are now Colt OEM mags I imagine they worked the bugs out, just not enough for them to work in a RRA.

I wish the Colt mags weren't so pricey. I've seen them at gunshows go for $125 used from Dennis Todd, I bought the same Colt mags for $35 ea few tables away. I told the lady at Dennis Todd's table and she said you show me where and I'll buy them all, - I said too late- I already did!

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    I believe the OP is talking about the SMG mags that were (but haven't been for a while) made by Colt. They are fairly tough to find anymore and when you do, they command a decent price. Most of the time I'm guessing you'll be limited to gunbroker and the like sites.

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    RRA uses proprietary mags. No ones fault but theirs, at least that is my understanding.

Nah, but they can be finicky with certain brands. Happily, Ive had good luck with my c-products. Hell, I've even had good luck with the promags that I have, but I have modified mine around the feed lips for better feeding. But the OE Colts that I have are the best.

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    I thought that you can't order these and have them shipped into the state. If I am wrong this will make me very happy because I'm about to start a 9mm build.

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    thought that you can't order these and have them shipped into the state. If I am wrong this will make me very happy because I'm about to start a 9mm build.

You are correct, you can can get them from out of state and drive/walk/bike/crawl/hop/swim them back in.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Nah, but they can be finicky with certain brands. Happily, Ive had good luck with my c-products. Hell, I've even had good luck with the promags that I have, but I have modified mine around the feed lips for better feeding. But the OE Colts that I have are the best.

I have a couple of the promags and they work fine for me too, but you're right the old Colt mags are the best.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    To my knowledge, which could certainly be wrong, Metalform was the maker of the original OEM Colt 32rd mags. After some time Colt decided to have CProducts produce their new OEM mags.

From what Ive read and heard it seems like the Metalform mags are still the #1 choice for 32rd 9mm AR mags. They also produce a 20rd mag that can be legally purchased in MD or shipped to MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom