• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Yup. Definitely inbound. They usually would send an email with the serial number, just to tease you.

We are expecting pictures and a description, you know.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    Still waiting, they charged my CC Saturday, closed Monday for MILK day, no email, just an order number in my account. I called customer service today and got told the shipping department is busy, (DBU) I'll get an email when they ship.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    just got the email with tracking. The order tracking thread shows everybody gets cc charged then shipped the next day, one was just charged yesterday, received today. Today is Thursday, I was charged Saturday. I can wait, just nervous about not getting them.

Raiderjack23

MDS Supporter
    Jul 10, 2020
    Carroll County
    This thread got me considering a second M1 in the .308 flavor. Went to TheCMP.org to check availability/pricing and I saw something that appeared odd. Posting here to confirm that "chambered in .308 Springfield" is a just typo and not some obscure ammo. If indeed a typo, I may just give myself a promotion from novice to advanced beginner. Otherwise, I guess I am sliding back to noob status. :D

1705630667743.png

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    This thread got me considering a second M1 in the .308 flavor. Went to TheCMP.org to check availability/pricing and I saw something that appeared odd. Posting here to confirm that "chambered in .308 Springfield" is a just typo and not some obscure ammo. If indeed a typo, I may just give myself a promotion from novice to advanced beginner. Otherwise, I guess I am sliding back to noob status. :D

View attachment 450127
    Pretty sure that's a type. I have always wanted a Garand in 308.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore

View attachment 450127
    I believe they mean the RECEIVER will be Springfield Armory or Winchester.

The chamber and barrel will be .308/7.62 NATO.

cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland
    I'm wondering how the OP made out with ordering his M1 Garand from CMP or anyone else that ordered one recently.
    I just ordered 2 by mail order and now waiting.
    Will they contact me when they get my order and verify it, that everything is in order?
    The website says 30-45 days to ship, the order form says allow 30 days, somewhere else I saw 2-4 weeks...IF all the paperwork and documents are correct.
    What I'm wondering about is after 30-45 days, they contact me and say something in my paperwork is not correct or ineligible, or gun is out of stock, back order, price increase and so on. Should I just sit back and wait, then after a month start wondering if they got my order?
    I forgot about the M1 Garand. I now have to redo the paperwork.

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    Only a little over six hour drive to CMP North Store.
    I've always thought of making that drive just to be able to hand pick a Garand, even though I already have 3 that I absolutely treasure. But I hear sometimes the inventory is quite small at the North Store.
    would be a great road trip.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Only a little over six hour drive to CMP North Store.
    Well damn. Actually, I am probably going to road trip it out to Indiana or Ohio to catch the total solar eclipse in April.

Ex-wife is buying me out of the VRBO we had booked in Vermont and taking the kids. Too tense still for it to be a good "family" trip. But damned if I am going to miss the eclipse and I have no issues camping. So, I figured I make a road trip out of it. Maybe see a national park or two like Indiana Dunes and Cuyahoga. If the GF and her kids aren't along for the trip, I can probably leave early enough to also hit the CMP North Store and take a gander.

I've been to Vermont. I'd love to go back. But I've never been to Indiana and only barely over the border to Ohio as well as separately Cincinnati for a two-day work trip a decade ago. Plus a somewhat shorter drive. So, heck, why not!?!

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    Yup. Definitely inbound. They usually would send an email with the serial number, just to tease you.

We are expecting pictures and a description, you know.
    I did get my two Garands but it took another week before they shipped. After a few days I called them, then emailed them, and basically got the DBU don't bug us, you'll get an email when it ships. Overnight shipping took two days and later through the CMP forum I found there was bad weather along the way and CMP held up the shipping so they didn't sit in a terminal somewhere, good move.
    Thank you CMP.
    Both are Springfields with mostly Springfield parts, WWII production receivers, one has an uncut op rod, one has a few Winchester sight parts and safety.
    Both are really nice with new stocks and Criterion barrel.
    The Special Field Grade from 2020 that I bought from dbldoc with a refurbished Winchester receiver is a bit nicer though.
    January 24, I mailed another order for a 308 but I haven't got any confirmation email as of yet. Checking the CMP timeline sticky, it seems they are behind with orders.

Attachments

• CMPb.jpg
      CMPb.jpg
      252.2 KB · Views: 33
    • CMPa.jpg
      CMPa.jpg
      244 KB · Views: 32
    • CMP.jpg
      CMP.jpg
      191.3 KB · Views: 31

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Trying to convince myself and @Spousal Unit that we need a road trip to Ohio to pick out a Garand. It's a want rather than a need, and then I'd need to lay in a stock of yet another caliber ammo. But the want is strong...

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Well damn. Actually, I am probably going to road trip it out to Indiana or Ohio to catch the total solar eclipse in April.

Ex-wife is buying me out of the VRBO we had booked in Vermont and taking the kids. Too tense still for it to be a good "family" trip. But damned if I am going to miss the eclipse and I have no issues camping. So, I figured I make a road trip out of it. Maybe see a national park or two like Indiana Dunes and Cuyahoga. If the GF and her kids aren't along for the trip, I can probably leave early enough to also hit the CMP North Store and take a gander.

I've been to Vermont. I'd love to go back. But I've never been to Indiana and only barely over the border to Ohio as well as separately Cincinnati for a two-day work trip a decade ago. Plus a somewhat shorter drive. So, heck, why not!?!
    If you go to the Camp Perry Store. You drive in the main gate and keep going straight towards the Lake. The old store sign was still up on their old location on the left. Keep driving the new store is on the right. Parking is across the street. You need two forms of ID and they don't accept your drivers license. A passport will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom