• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    Just a friendly reminder that if you have had an order form for the CMP signed and stamped by a notary within the last three years you do not have to have additional orders stamped. Only when it exceeds the three year mark.

And also if your address hasn't changed, right?

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I snail-mailed my IHC order a year and a half ago, and still made the cut.

I can snail-mail this order tomorrow, and it will probably arrive Monday. If it does, I save at least $22. If it doesn't, I save $685.

Should I just put a stamp on the envelope and drop it in the mail in the morning?

Thats my plan

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Thats my plan

Hot damn! We can both save $685!

I could tell Yingpin that he can join the Garand Collector's Association online tonight, and be good on his membership qualification. I could tell him that, but then he might get my Carbine.

Should I be selfish and not tell him?

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Hot damn! We can both save $685!

I could tell Yingpin that he can join the Garand Collector's Association online tonight, and be good on his membership qualification. I could tell him that, but then he might get my Carbine.

Should I be selfish and not tell him?

Yeah, you keep it quite, we wouldn't want that info getting out.

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    I wonder how many carbines they have that they're actually doing this. I can't imagine they'll last the day.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I wish someone would tell me what I can do to spend money I shouldn't spend!!! I feel like I would be cheating on the M1 Collectors club if I happen to stumble on another club with online enrollment....

Maybe I will look into it tomorrow. I wouldnt want you guys to get all the carbines.

bbaick

Nov 6, 2013
    I snail-mailed my IHC order a year and a half ago, and still made the cut.

I can snail-mail this order tomorrow, and it will probably arrive Monday. If it does, I save at least $22. If it doesn't, I save $685.

Should I just put a stamp on the envelope and drop it in the mail in the morning?
    I'm just mailing mine regular snail mail. I can't justify spending extra money on overnight or UPS delivery when the chances of success are so slim to begin with.

I'm hoping to get lucky!

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If it is true that these will sell out in one day, then regular mail will probably not get there until Tuesday. I would think you want it guaranteed to arrive NLT Monday and Staurday would be even better I would think.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If it is true that these will sell out in one day, then regular mail will probably not get there until Tuesday. I would think you want it guaranteed to arrive NLT Monday and Staurday would be even better I would think.

Actually - if mailed first thing tomorrow - USPS web site claims that the expected delivery date would be Feb 1st for a First Class mail stamped letter.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Argh! My problem is that I haven't gotten an updated membership card from MSRPA, my affiliated club of choice, showing that I'm valid after January here - anybody have a shortcut around that? I mean, screenshot of the website saying my membership is valid, but is that enough for CMP? I would guess not...

Dammit. I don't want to miss out on these!

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Actually - if mailed first thing tomorrow - USPS web site claims that the expected delivery date would be Feb 1st for a First Class mail stamped letter.

Even if I take it to my local PO, the sign says pickup is at 4:30PM. No early mail like the old days. As far as getting it there on Sat the email says they won't honor early arrivals. I wish they had given more than 1 day notice. Hard to get a letter there by Mon no matter what the PO says. Miss the days when I could take mail to the downtown PO where they had pickup from the box every hour all day and nite. Easy to get a letter in the 6 AM outgoing.
    Just checked my past orders and my last purchase was 12/12 so now I have to get my form notarized. Crap.

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    I am literally dreading trying to get a 1911 from CMP , no previous interaction but I keep thinking its going to feel like black friday at walmart

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Argh! My problem is that I haven't gotten an updated membership card from MSRPA, my affiliated club of choice, showing that I'm valid after January here - anybody have a shortcut around that? I mean, screenshot of the website saying my membership is valid, but is that enough for CMP? I would guess not...

Dammit. I don't want to miss out on these!

You could join the Garand Collectors Association. It would cost you $25 but the CMP would immediately recognize your membership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom